mysql_connect(): Too many connections

• DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get the following error when I try to visit anywhere on my site that is connecting to a database: Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections. Does this mean that the server that has the databases are down or to many people are connecting to the database at this time? Thanks.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it looks like the MySQL database is under a heavy load, or your site is trying to make too many simultaneous connections to the server.

Does your script use persistent mode to connect? Might want to turn that off, and just have it connect as it needs to.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

or the sql server cant connect as in the sql server is down.. as in my hosters case being lately...
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if the server was down, it would probably say that the connection timed out, not that there were too many connections. The MySQL server would have to be up in order to return the error message "Too Many Connections" :)
  • DavyDuke17
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • DavyDuke17

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would've of have figured there were too many connections to my site, but most of it is actually html and I only have it connecting in the forum and on stats or standings pages, which is about like 50 out of 250 pages. This happens kind of alot on my site, maybe once a week, but it only lasts maybe 15 minutes each time. I guess it would be wisest to contact my host which I've almost never done.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it's the MySQL server that's getting too many connections, not specifically your site.

There could be 300 other sites on that server also all utilizing MySQL and bogging it down.
  • Tannu4u
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes the views subbmitted are true if the MySql server is down then u will get the error can not connect to the mysql server,but this is not the case.So ur server is having too many connections at a time and MySql server is overloaded because of it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts