MySQL troubles

• guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright hope you all can help with this :), I've been messing with this MySQL server for about an hour now and I'm confused...first of all, it somehow forgot the root password and remembered a random one...so it took me a long time to change that back and btw, I didn't do anything to make it change. I fixed that restarting the server with --skip-grant-tables and then entering in a new password and then flush privileges. now, all users can access all databases and make changes. how can i limit which ones they can access...and btw this is a side problem - why, when I use GRANT ALL ON... can my users not create tables...I was under the impression that GRANT ALL meant..well...grant ALL...thanks for any help you can supply :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try giving your users these grants on only their databases (tables):

SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER

This should give them enouch grants to do what they need to do and not access any other tables.
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, seems to be working ok now...do you know where the info is stored (in which db or whatever) for each individual db's grant privileges? the user_priv table in the mysql db seems to only keep track of global privileges.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I do not know offhand unfortunately. If you figure it out though please let us know :)
  • MediaDesign
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • Loc: somewhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

GO to the repertory of your server , and make configure it ! onnce downlod a software that can connect you directly to Mysql
with the login & pass . look up there for the table i mean phpmyadmin repertory for mysql tables . verything is stored there ! :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts