MySQL with form

• scott04
  • Born
  • Born
  • scott04

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
I am building my site with Kompozer and would like to have an order form. In doing so i would like to save all the data input from the order to MySQL. Can someone offer some suggestions or links in order to get the ball rolling on this webpage? Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

First read this article:
http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

Then read this one:
http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_insert.asp

Pay close attention to each example. We could write some code that would work for you but then you would never learn, these are great tutorials though.
  • scott04
  • Born
  • Born
  • scott04

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joe,
So if i am interpreting this correctly I would have to have the input data saved to a php file on the server and then the php file would then insert the record in the MySql table correct? PHP doesn't work well with Kompozer, any recommendations? Thanks for reply I really appreciate it.
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, the PHP inserts the data into the MySQL DB. Check out the crude flow chart below:

HTML Form >> PHP Insertion Script >> MySQL Database
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically, you will have a form, that once submitted, would send the data to a PHP document that would process and validate the data... once that is done, it would connect to MySQL database, select the specified database and insert the information there...

So its from the form to the php file... through the php file to the MySQL database... just explaining the flow chart that RedBMedia created :)
  • chrisdavies
  • Born
  • Born
  • chrisdavies

Post 3+ Months Ago

go get kevin yanks book "build your own database driven website using php & mysql" released by sitepoint. I found it very good

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts