Need advanced knoweledge of dreamweaver

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I honestly have no idea where to put this post, but I suppose this is the best spot.
I want to start using/experimenting with the "less" javascript css framework. The framework requires that you change your css file extension to ".less" instead of ".css"

I was able to add the file extension support to the Extensions.txt file for being able to save to the file format, as well as add the extension to the css area of the MMDocumentTypes.xml configuration file which allows dreamweaver to utilize syntax highlighting and autocomplete for css within the ".less" file extension.

So, I am now able to use the ".less" extension within dreamweaver just as I would a css file. However, I can't find any information on what configuration files are associated with the "relative files toolbar". The toolbar which opens instances of each js, php, and css file associated with a page.
Attachments:
1681_4_dwcs4-related.jpg

This is one of my favorite conveniences of Dreamweaver and would really like my .less files to be treated the same as css files in this way. Anyone know which configuration files I would need to filter through to add this file type?

Btw, please don't turn this into a debate on css having variables or that the framework is unnecessary or outside the scope of what css is meant for...this debate is long and arduous AND unrelated to the topic of discussion for this post.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post