Need Advice / Help with Perl / CGI

• IrishHelpDesk
  • Born
  • Born
  • IrishHelpDesk
  • Loc: Salt Lake City

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to figure out and work with CGI. In order to do this I have an intranet which I have running here with ASP. My server is a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6 enabled to support the ASP.

I installed Perl on the system and have directory now called c:\perl. In my root folder and default site in IIS I have created a folder called faculty which is where my current sites lives, there is an IP assigned to it and no issues for anyone to get on and use the site or any of the ASP scripts.

I setup a folder in this main site folder called cgi-bin. In this i placed a cgi script I have borrowed from bignose. The test form I am using is also from bignose as I wanted to test - then tweak.

The problem is when I run the form the script never kicks in. I have done the cmd prompt tests and the perl is running. However what I think my problem here is that I have not got the calling for the script right.

Top section of the form:

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi">

The cgi-bin is in the same place as the site so the path is correct and the myscript.cgi is the name of the cgi script.

Top section of myscrpt.cgi:

#!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -wT
read(STDIN,$temp,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
@pairs=split(/&/,$temp);
foreach $item(@pairs)

I think my problem is the first line - yet am at a loss to fix it. Is there anyone here who would be willing to slap me and guide me? All help is appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Path to Perl as a default is usually going to be

Code: [ Select ]
#!/usr/bin/perl

Not sure what it is you are doing or what the rest of your code is about, and I'm not a Perl expert by any means, so I'm moving this to our programming board where you'll probably get quicker help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts