Online Auction by php

• joy1986joy
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anybody suggest me where I can find a good tutorial on online auction in php code. If anybody can suggest it will be very helpful for me.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like ebay style?
  • joy1986joy
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Sir Like Ebay.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are quite a few open source auction scripts. I'd recommend trying some of them until you find one that suits you.
  • joy1986joy
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
There are quite a few [I am not allowed to post url :( ] I'd recommend trying some of them until you find one that suits you.

I visit your link. But could not find any useful solution. Thanks for your help. Any other solution you can give sir?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's nothing really to creating an online auction system. You might look at learning the php/mysql first, do you have much experience with php?

Really when it comes down to it almost all webpages fetch, display data and update data. Thats pretty much it. Once you learn to run a select, update, insert query your set.

For an auction system your going to have a table that stores items and a table that stores bids.

The item table would contain the owner (who posted it), starting price, end date (of the bid), and any decription fields you want. The bid table would contain and item (what item the bid is for), bidder (who is bidding),bid amount, new price, bid time.

A auction is just keeping track of who bid on what item, when and for how much. From there you have payments and such but thats not really part of the auction.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts