OsCommerce GeoTrust/SkipJack MOD

• modev
  • Born
  • Born
  • modev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I am currently working in a project for OSCommerce. I want to be able to store the credit card number, owner's name, expiry date in the database instead of sending it by email. I know that using the cc.php module its already done but some numbers are stripped. My real problem is that I am using the geotrust module. Technically all this information is sent by httpPostVars to SKIPJACK, so how would I get it again? I mean is there an easy way just to store it? I think when the sqlarray is executed, the cc_number doesnt have anything.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as I'm aware, there is an option in osCommerce so that it E-Mails you the first and last numbers, and the middle numbers are stored in the database - you access these to get the whole number.

That way, a complete credit card number is on the system, and if you're broken into, the CC information a hacker may get is pretty much useless.
  • modev
  • Born
  • Born
  • modev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, but in this case it can't work like the email option works. How the email option works is that through the HTTP POST VARS the information is kept. With geotrust, the information is sent to skipjack and never returns back. So, how can I put it in the ORDER object before it calls the process() function. I tried order->info['cc_number'] = $this->cc_number but it stores it in order while doing the function, but as it returns to checkout_process is lost.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sending the whole credit card at once via a non-encrypted method can invalited the TOS with your merchat account provider.

This is why osCommerce splits up the credit card details and stores it in 2 separate locations (part in the database, part in your E-Mail).

You might be best checking on the osCommerce forums. I've never needed to do this.
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm sorry if my post results off-topic. But I need to know about this osCommerce.

Are you using this solution in the real life? How stable is it? How stable its development?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I use osCommerce with a number of clients..

Here's one site with it all up and running...

Frantz Herpetology

This is a LIVE site, do not do test orders just to see if things work. If you make an order, you are required to pay for it and accept the consequences :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts