osCommerce PHP output corruption? Or script error

• Jerrek
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, AUS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
I've been playing with osCommerce over the last few days and have got it doing mostly what is necessary. However, when the shop has no products or categories, the html is all screwy on the front page, and on shopping_cart.php and 'My Account'.

I've spent all of yesterday looking at it, thinking it was simply a case of broken HTML. However, I finally pinned down a rogue </ in the source. When that rogue tag appears in just the wrong place (ie in front of a /TD) then it breaks the HTML formatting and IE displays it all badly. That broken tag does not appear in any of the osCommerce scripts, although it shows in the output. It looks like its generated by /includes/boxes/languages.php - although I can't actually see how.

The </ that appears in the source seems to always appear in the source, but it moves around depending on how much other text is read from the script. It indicates to me that its a rogue pointer scenario somewhere in the PHP engine, but given that I was so entrenched in it yesterday I may have missed something obvious, like perhaps that the script is actually generating that! The other thing that leads me to think it could be PHP engine is that if I examine the raw output using telnet I see </096c (literally).

I'm running osCommerce 2.2ms2 which is installed by the Plesk control panel (which rules by the way) on a RedHat 9 machine under Apache 2.0.40 (stock RH-Plesk install) using prefork mode.

If I've missed any obvious information just ask. If anyone would want to see the thing in action please PM me (I won't give it out yet cos its up and down like a yoyo and not really anything worth general public seeing).

There's beers and/or pizza/amazon wishlist items in it for anyone that can fix it!

Regards,
Steve.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jerrek
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Melbourne, AUS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
In case anyone else comes across this, I found the answer... Its a PHP bug that is fixed in PHP 4.3 (now to figure out how to upgrade my RH9 box to PHP4.3 without busting all the dependancies and stuff!)

Anyway, more details are here;
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1242

Steve.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts