Outlook Email Signature Generator

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I have a new issue. The company i work for is currently redesigning their brand identity. Among these are the companies email signatures by which in the past was created by a tool written in php to generate consistent signatures.

The way the tool works.
  • Users fill out the form on the webpage and click the generate button
  • They check to make sure it looks correct
  • They copy the output of the tool and paste it into the signature part in outlook.

The new signature has images in it. Now the generation of the signature is easy the part that is going to be an issue is the images. I can host the images on the same server as the tool to make the signature and have IT set the trusted site to include that server. This method does work however server hits are now the issue as the copy and paste links the image back to the server hosting the tool. This is the issue, the company has over 20,000 employee's world wide there are around 400 emails sent a second this number is about the same day and night there are 6 images in the signature unless I'm mistaken that's 2,400 hits on the server a second. Image sizes range between 3.11kb to 4.42kb with a total of about 21.23kb at 2,400 hits a second it about 49.76mb in bandwidth used each second.

There are several other tools on this server and I don't need this to impact them.

SO... does anyone know if there is a way to embed the images into a signature by use of copy and paste. Or host the images on the exchange server?

I thought about and tested base64 encoded images and the results were not consistent.
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only way I have achieved this in the past is to get the client outlook to create the signature.

The only thing I can think is to generate one manually and then reverse engineer the signature file to figure out how it is done.

Check out http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9110 ... 64#9110164. The answer he provides seems to bge two options you can investigate.

Keep us posted!
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will look into that suggestion a bit more to see if there is a way to accomplish what he is suggesting. It seems like he is modifying the email header info if that the case. I will be unable to go this route. However I have found a way to embed the images by way of a copy and paste that doesn't link back to the tool.

I have the output generate a word document and then they copy and paste from that and not the website itself. This method works and shows up the way it should in so far all stand alone outlook programs on PC and MAC as well as gmail and the mobile email clients Good and the default mail client on my htc ONEs, But the web based outlook, hotmail(outlook.com) and Apple mail change the way it looks the two web based outlooks simply add top padding to the text of 7.5px apple mail really messes it up in all sorts of ways.

I'm still looking into options but this project doesn't give me much time to mess around so for now I'm going to run with this so i at least have something that works for 90+% of the company.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts