my .php files give a download prompt for entire file.

• stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I was running a site with php. Now, when I click on a link to access the php page, I get a download prompt. This is very dangerous as some of my php files contain mysql information to connect to a database.

Can anyone help? Is there an answer to this? When I download the php file, It is a full file, and unprocessed by the server.

Help please!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Set up your server to process the PHP pages with the php engine, the server doesn't recognise them now so it won't process them
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

stinger: are you running your own server? Or is this a hosted account somewhere?

If it's the latter, remove access to ALL your .php files until the administrator has fixed this problem. Like you said, it's a security risk. Then as soon as your hosting account expires, find another host! :)
  • stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am hosting with ipowerweb.com. Up until now, I have recieved excellent service and bandwidth. I have multiple sites hosted with them and they are currently experiencing a error with their server that is hosting this site.

I sure am glad that I frequent all my sites on a daily basis!! I have changed folder permissions for now, so that nobody can access the php files. Unfortunately the entire site was running with php, mysql, and folder scans. so now, theres just a about page and home page. Oh well, thats the nature of the beast . . . . . I guess.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, hopefully they can get it soon, but I would still switch hosting companies as soon as you can. Any company that allows a mistake this big to happen is not worth hosting with.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts