php help please

• canadacatman
  • Born
  • Born
  • canadacatman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I installed a members area script but keep getting this error when i click the register page

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a6056060_jay '@'10.50.0.40' (using password: YES) in /home/a6056060/public_html/34/4/config.php on line 9

Cannot connect to the database because: Access denied for user 'a6056060_jay '@'10.50.0.40' (using password: YES)

Now i deleted the database and made 5 and tried and same thing.Can someone please tell me why.Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well from the look of it its not your database is the issue you have not created "a6056060_jay" as a username and password for the database.
  • ndeb
  • ndeb

Post 3+ Months Ago

And again, you might want to take a careful look at your php myadmin settings (assuming you are using a local server i.e. localhost). You could go to the phpmyadmin homepage and go to privileges and check to make sure that you have provided a password for the user.
If you are using a live webserver, then just use the username and password your web host gave you to make the database connection.
Hope this helps

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts