PhP ??

• dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i am new to PHP i want to add some new features to my site . just want to know a few things.

1)i want to add a "log in " for a members only zone. is php the best thing to use to do this . what do i need to make this and how hard is tis

2)i want a list of all the people loged on at that time on the bottom of the page. do i use php for this and how hard is this .

3) i want to add a Forum and guest book . how hard it this.

4) i am not sure if i can use php to do this but i also want a poll. how hard is this.

what one should i try and do first as a beginner to php.

any help would be good.
:?:

[fade][blur]D@N[/blur][/fade]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, PHP is useful for what you need and much more. But, PHP is a programming language. For makaing all the applications you mentioned in the list, you need a lot of work and expertise.

I guess the best you can do is using a portal system like PostNuke.
  • Scorpius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Scorpion Hole

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well what would be the easiest thing to do is find a free forum, unless you are willing to pay for something like vBulletin, which is very nice, and then use that for your users to sign up and login, and then you can find a mod from a forum somewhere which will probably give you the code to display all the information you want on your pages.
For the poll, you can go to http://www.hotscripts.com and find that.
The hardest part would be to choose a forum if you ask me, but it shouldn't be too hard to find all the mods, now adays how people are always trying to help and modify things for themselves.
Hope that will help you out some.
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank ive just made a shout box useing MY SQL aswell im quite impressed with ma self .
the main thing i want is a log in .and the list of logged in people
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if you WANT to do it by yourself, it's not too hard to do the login and the list. You'll need some knowledge of PHP and SQL. You will have to design a couple of tables in the DB.
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might want to read up on "sessions" on php.net as well. This will come in very handy.
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

how about a list of all the people loged on
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually a table in your db witht he list of people and the timestamp of the last activity recorded. You can list the people who was active up to 5 minutes ago.
  • Tannu4u
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes the things u ask are very easy to make.The main thing is that u must have some knowledge about PHP and Sql queries.See PHP is basically a programming language and if u have good programming skills then u can use php the way u want.It's a C like language with lots of inbuild functions ready to use.So learn some PHP and try making things better.For further help u can ask persons on Ozzu.com they are very helpful.I like those people there.Bye...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts