PHPBB Forum Password

• Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

I disabled my forum a few weeks ago. Being busy I didn't get a chance to re enable it. Now I forgot my password. Being the only admin, there is no way to login cause I forgot my one of many p/w's...I can't retrieve my pw either cause the forum is disabled. Any way to login w/ my ftp and find one of the files that stores this info, or is there anyother way?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are using pHpBB I think ur f'ed. You can delete the board and re-do it.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

jako hi,
Is your board still there, put in your username then send revalidation email, may work i don't know, do you not store your registrations in e-mail folder..i do..will your board supplier not know, ask them !
Just a little help..i hope.
suzie.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jako wrote:
I forgot my one of many p/w's

I know it doesn't help you now, but how about thinking up one or two REALLY SECURE passwords, and using them for nearly everything. Just a thought....
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I realise this is an old post, but this is a workaround that works, for anyone needing it in the future.

Create a new user acount and activate it. Log in as that new user and make sure you remember your password, this time *lol

Go to phpMyAdmin (or whatever you use to administer your database). Go to the phpbb_users table. Find your new user account. In the column for user_password, copy that encryption key and replace your admin user encryption key with that one.

Your admin password will now be the same one as your new user account.

Added note to any phpBB forum admins. You should make sure phpMyAdmin is in a secure / password protected directory. This is just one reason to make sure of that.

As an added backup, you can keep a copy of your admin encryption key in a secure document somewhere. That way if anyone hacks your phpBB password and takes control of your board, you can regain control by replacing the admin key in phpMyAdmin with your original good one.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW !!!!! excellent advice atno..thanks...its easy to see now what decided bwm to make you a mod... 8)

suzie.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts