• pearl15
  • pearl15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Members

I have successfully installed the following

IIS ver 6
php ver 4.4.9
MYSQL ver 5.0.67

when i tested through command line i get no error and i am view the php pages on the browser without any hitch. In the beginning when i was trying to connect to MYSQL through simple php script i was getting an authentication error which i could resolve by using OLD_PASSWORD.

Now during final stages ,
Now when i have installed phpMyAdmin ver 2.0.8.3and have also configured config.inc.php. There is persistent error i am getting which is something like

MYSQL says #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I have tried OLD_PASSWORD technique which won't work. I have almost wasted 2 days on this. Can someone really suggest how to come out of this and make phpMyAdmin work .
Following are the edits i have done in config.inc.php file.

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://localhost/phpmyadmin/;

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '3306';

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'password';

can someone really suggest the way out.

pearl
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

IIS is stupid about that. I've never had one install work smoothly the first time. Here's a couple workarounds, and I've found it easiest to do this via MySQL Administrator.

Go to Startup Variable >> Security Tab.

Make sure Use Old Password is checked. If it isn't, check it, click apply and stop and restart the mySQL service.

Go back to MySQL Administrator, and create a new user and assign a password. Then grant full administrative access to all tables for that user. Start and stop MySQL. Then use the new account instead of root. You might want to reboot after making these changes so php picks up on it.

As last recourse, in the event that doesn't work either, you can "Disable Grant tables" in the security tab and everthing should work. However that isn't a good security practice if you are going to be live on the web with this.
  • pearl15
  • pearl15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for quick and detailed reply.
I shall try it now.
  • pearl15
  • pearl15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ATNO

I did what you mentioned. downloaded the MySQL Administrator.Did the mentioned setting in security tab followed by creating new user and granting permissions. But the same error continued till end.

Few minutes back i rechecked what i did in phpMyAdmin ver 2.0.8.3 and confirmed i did exactly what the following link said step by step.

http://www.abyssunderground.co.uk/insta ... yadmin.php

I found i did everything as the instructions mentioned. As per the link we are suppose to copy the file config.default.php from c/inetpub/wwwroot/phpmyadmin/libraries and paste in c/inetpub/wwwroot/phpmyadmin/ and then edit it and finally name as config.inc.php but this is where i found the problem was.

Finally few moments back when i deleted the file from c/inetpub/wwwroot/phpmyadmin/ and edited the file at the original location itself. Everything worked. I did not even rename the file.
I hope this might help to someone else struggling the same way.

Had i edited the file at original location and still got 1045 error then your solution would have perfectly worked. Still thanks a lot for responding at light speed to my querry.

Now i am getting mbstring PHP extension not found. Although i know i have removed the semicolon from php.ini file as well as checked mbstring dll file is available in extensions folder of PHP. If u have an idea how to resolve then kindly let me know. Thanks ..
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since it's a rather old post, you may have missed my tutorial on this. It's a rather lengthy topic but most of the questions and problems you've encountered so far including the mbstring problem are covered in either the initial post or the various replies afterwards. Read through that and see if there's anything that I've forgotten or overlooked that could help you.

programming-forum/tutorial-how-install-php-and-mysql-iis-t56303.html
  • pearl15
  • pearl15

Post 3+ Months Ago

No when i ran into problems, i did come across this also.
You know till everything is smooth you carry on and when you stuck then you look around for solutions. It's actually all-in-one well written tutorial. thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK so I assume you saw and did this part?

Quote:
For some reason on a Windows machine, phpMyAdmin seems to want access to php_mbstring.dll . To solve this open c:\Windows\php.ini (or WINNT if Win2K) and find the following:
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = "./’
Change that to
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = "./extensions/"

Did you reboot your computer after that? I don't think I included it in the original tute, but you do need to reboot the computer for the change to take effect.
  • pearl15
  • pearl15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes i did see that. I did those steps in the initial installation itself. Gave the reboot also.
Besides i have tried by copying php_mbstring.dll into system32 folder of windows 2k3 and even tired by placing the file in phpMyAdmin main folder but no joy till now. Knowing windows well, i gave reboot after
every modification i did. I have looked at other forums also but no joy till now. If you think of anything more, kindly do let me know. Otherwise i shall have a look tomorrow. It was a long day and thanks for your support.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

At the moment I'm out of ideas. Sounds like you've done everything correctly.
  • pearl15
  • pearl15

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think i shall start with zikula next without wasting any further time on this. I think i may be missing something minor . Shall see and get back if find some solution to that.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually I have the solution. I did not want to interrupt your discussion with Mark.

You cannot change your user name or password through MySQL system when you have bundled it with phpMyAdmin. Go to your phpmyadmin, there is this link you can assign or change user. Do it from there.

At the moment, I am a bit clouded with my own other problems; I know it is something like that. I would spend some time if I have to help you to walk through your problem maybe some time on the weekends.
  • marcelo_7
  • Born
  • Born
  • marcelo_7

Post 3+ Months Ago

SOLUTION!!!!!!! (for those of you using XAMPP)

I spent the whole day trying to make it work and finally I did. I even registered here to share it with you. This worked for me at least!

I don't know if you tried the same thing as I did but I was trying to make phpmyadmin work through XAMPP.

Everything worked except phpmyadmin
I have a mac and i downloaded XAMPP:
xampp-macosx-1.7.2a.dmg

When you have started Apache through the control panel of xampp and write localhost in your browser you get to xampp startpage. Press Security to the left.

It says you're supposed to run:

/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/xampp security

in the terminal. I did and after that it worked. Supposedly some settings are made in that procedure. I don't know which but at least this is a solution to the problem. I find Xampp to be very good now that it works the way i want it to.

Best of luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts