program for reading a optical pic of rom

• jamesbond
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jamesbond

Post 69 days ago

I am looking to write a program to read and store rom bits from a optical pic i have of rom bits. Can someone point me in the right direction.
1. I want the program to read either a 1 or 0 from the pic, 1 if it has a dot and 0 if it does not.
2. Translate the read into Hex
3. Store it in a file.

Can i write this in C++ or Java ? if yes can you please give me a quick explanation of how. (I am not asking you to write it for me just point me in the right direction or point me to a sample that does this.)

Thank you for any help you can give me
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 69 days ago

• jamesbond
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jamesbond

Post 68 days ago

Anyone have any advice on OCR SW that i can write ?
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 17 days ago

If you wanted to make it web based, you could use php and the GD library. Assuming your rom pic is aligned into a grid of rows and columns, you can just come up with a grid system for the "center" of each bit you want to sample, write a for loop to traverse that grid, and use something like php's "imagecolorat" to get the color of that pixel. If it is higher than a certain value, call it a 1, if not, call it a 0.
Depending on the size of the image, this could be accomplished in under an hour and probably well under 100 lines of code by a moderately skilled php programmer. For a beginner, it may take a few more hours to get right.
  • jamesbond
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jamesbond

Post 16 days ago

thanks you what i did was just decode it by hand into a text file and then wrote a simple C++ program to change it to hex into a new file. this was a small rom so im going to try your way for bigger ones im decrypting

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts