Recommendations for programming language to use

• khayoz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • khayoz
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im new to programming, but i want to become good at it, and enjoy it, could i get some recommadations on anything, eg, websites or programming laugages anything.

My friend has asked me to build him a hack for a game, he says if i can do that then he will pay me....so what code would i have to do to go about that?

Thanks for your help,
khayoz
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

khayoz wrote:
Im new to programming, but i want to become good at it, and enjoy it, could i get some recommadations on anything, eg, websites or programming laugages anything.

My friend has asked me to build him a hack for a game, he says if i can do that then he will pay me....so what code would i have to do to go about that?

Thanks for your help,
khayoz

Umm well if you are planning to try crack a game, first up don't. The only way you can do this is with Assembler type code and it is a set of instructions issued to the computer processor. Very, very low level language.

Programming has taken many forms so decided what yo want to do with your programming and then let us know. I am not going to bother listing the different types of languages as this will just go on for ever.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to learn to program there's tons if books and websites to learn from, pick a language.

If your sole purpose of learning is to crack other programs then you want to learn "reverse-engineering" (which is basically illegal) and may require being familiar with multiple languages.

I'm actually supprised this topic isn't locked/editRequested :?
  • emitind.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: england

Post 3+ Months Ago

learn PHP.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you even read his original post?
  • emitind.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: england

Post 3+ Months Ago

khayoz wrote:

yes.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Build a hack?

it depends on what language the game is built in,
learn Java and PHP, for starters.

it may help...
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

It also depends on your definition of hack.

Many PHP based and other web applications refer to the term "hack" as a modification to add, remove or alter functionality of the existing software.

If this is what you are intending to do with the games, then these are generally referred to as "mods" (modifications).

If you are indeed looking to produce a CRACK for a game to circumvent CD/DVD copyright protection, or other such similar illegal actions, then this thread will become locked (if not removed) as such discussions are banned on Ozzu.

Could you please describe exactly what you are attempting to do?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts