Recommended script for a project database

• chadlinse
  • Born
  • Born
  • chadlinse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to determine what kind of script I should use for a website I'm currently working on. I essentially am looking for a script that works something like a news script in that it summarizes an entry on a main page and also creates a second page (based on my html template) that contains the full entry.

The idea is to use the script to create an easily up-datable list of projects for a engineering firm where each project entry can have a photograph and a short description of the project.

The script should also have some sort of online front end so content managers not familiar with html can easily add or remove entries.

I'd like to avoid a SQL database if possible.

Here is website that demonstrates the general idea of what I'm trying to explain.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a little confused by this. If you do not want to have the script use any sort of SQL databases, are you wanting it to basically load the information from another page on your site by accessing it directly? Where is it going to be pulling the information from? Or are you still open to a flat file database, but for some reason are wanting to avoid having a SQL database?

Overall this sounds like a fairly custom script, I am not sure you are going to find your exact needs here. You might need to hire a programming freelancer to write something up for you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts