rotating banner scripts

• homer simpson
  • Student
  • Student
  • homer simpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know where I can get a rotating banner script?

Also, this is important...Is there a rotating banner that would allow me to post the same banner url on the same page but have different images show up at each of the banners?

i.e. Imagine a top site that has 10 thumbs. 2 of those thumbs use the rotating banner/thumb. For my rotating banner/thumb, I have 5 rotating images. On the 1st of those thumbs showing on the top site can it show image A, while the other thumb shows image B. Is this possible?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if it would be possible to use the same code over and over on the same page and yet get a completely different thumb. I suppose it would be possible. I have a script called Picture Rotator which can be used with thumbs as well to rotate them, but as far as using the same code over and over to produce a completely different thumb, I do not think it would work. The only thing I can think of is if there is a script that either sets cookies or knows what banners/thumbs it has shown for an ip and makes so that only unique thumbs/banners show up for the same exact code.

Now you might also have a problem if a certain thumb/banner is to be associated with a particular site. If this is the case you might need a much better solution. I do not know any scripts offhand.

I do know that in my DVTS Trading Script that I plan to release this year I will have an option to associate banners and thumbs with a site or sponsor, for which you could have shown randomly, or as needed. Anyway I am not sure if you are just looking for a simple solution to show the thumb randomly (that do not have to be associated with any particular site), and if that is the case I do not know off hand. -- I am sure someone else here does though :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts