Scripts/Programs for multi-client use

• cazpah
  • Born
  • Born
  • cazpah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, we're looking for existing scripts/programs or someone who wants to develop scripts/programs that we can integrate into our member database.

This would be something that is/will be designed for membership, down-line, Mlm companies that would like to provide services to their members. For example, an auto-submitter program, or a ffa owners program (members can own their own ffa business) and so on.

We'll look at anything from free scripts to scripts that cost money.

Most important - the programmer/supplier must be able to work with us so that the service is not accessible to non-paying members of our company.

Thanks
C. H.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm confused...

sorry, what is it you want?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think they are basically wanting to hire a programmer for their company because they want exclusive scripts for themselves.
  • cazpah
  • Born
  • Born
  • cazpah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi - thanks BigWebMaster - you're right - we are looking to hire someone ; Sorry we didn't make it clearer. :oops:

Someone recommended this forum :D and a few others - we really don't know where to begin! Some of the programming companies ask an absolute fortune for script development, which is far too much for our budget.

But we heard there are ready made programs out there for a small licence fee, or we can hire a programmer privately instead of via a company.

So that's what we're looking for - hope that makes sense!

C.H.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the script already exists then it most likely is being sold/distributed to more than one client/company/customer. From what I understand you would want 100% rights to the script which means that no other company can distribute the script but yours. I am not sure where you would ever find a free script that would be exclusive for you. I really doubt anything like that would exist. Free scripts are usually distributed to many clients.

If that is the case I would think the only way is to hire a programmer/contractor to write the scripts you need. Basically I think what would happen is you would tell the programmer exactly what you want and they would charge you a one time fee to write it. After that point, it's up to you guys on what you want to do with it, and how to distribute it.

Are there specific scripts you are looking for? and what is your budget range? I am a programmer myself, but I usually only write scripts to sell to numerous clients. I do know a few freelance programmers who may be interested in work, but not sure how much you are asking to do. The reason I do not do much freelance programming myself is because I would have to charge my client and arm and a leg to even make it worth my time.

Also is there a specific programming language you are wanting the scripts written in?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

cazpah wrote:
But we heard there are ready made programs out there for a small licence fee, or we can hire a programmer privately instead of via a company.

That may be true, but I am almost positive they are licensing those scripts to thousands of others as well. If you are wanting exclusive rights to the scripts I would think the licensing fee would be much more since the company/programmer who wrote the script are basically giving up all their rights to it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might be able to find some freelance programmers in this directory:

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Web_ ... Freelance/
  • cazpah
  • Born
  • Born
  • cazpah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well - they scripts don't have to be exclusive for our use, but we do need some tailoring with existing code.

For example, if we were offering an FFA network where one of our members can be an FFA owner, we would like the db of the FFA to double check our paying member DBand make sure that this person is actually an existing paying member before he/she is allowed access to his FFA admin panel.

That's the maid modification we would like on scripts.

They type of scripts we are looking for are any service we can offer our members which they can use via their members area, such as:

1. Online Web Page Creator, including hosting of that page and sending the member his/her domain url plus a login section to manage the page.

2. FFA network - where we can offer our members the chance to own their own FFA page.

3. Advertising network - same as FFA

4. Offer tools they can use for their websites, such as counters, guestbooks, short redirection urls and so forth.

The list is endless - we don't see an end to our development of products, just a limit to how many we can order at any given time.

I see there are a whole bunch of open source and other CGI scripts available, but whats the use if we can't ensure that the member using them is actually a paying member?

Any idea's?

Thanks![/list]
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the reason I think the scripts would have to be exclusive for you is because you only want paying members to have it. If the script isn't made exclusively for you, and for instance if the script is freely available, then anybody would be able to get it. Doesn't really make sense.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

and secondly, there's no lawful way you can sell a free script as your
own, regardless of how you slice it. It's pure copyright infringement to
be honest.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

GNU offers open source software that can be modified and distributed. I'm not sure if they have anything that will meet your needs but it should be worth looking into.

http://www.gnu.org/
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok - well, there you go.

what do i know anyway? I'm just a designer. hehe :P
  • Hie$t
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I beleive they are really looking for a site that is made with a Database to check if a user is a paid member of there website therefore would give them access to the list of helpful programs Basicly they want to add these progs or tools to there control panel to help them create a subweb on the fly with templates of there FFA to get them started in a bussiness. These tools wouldnt have to be exclusivly theres.

On the Fly is the key Word DATA DRIVEN REPLICATION

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts