Scroll bar characteristics?

• s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel dumb for asking this, b/c I'm sure that it isn't rocket science. I want a horizonal scroll bar, but I don't want a vertical one. In my frameset I have

Code: [ Select ]
scrolling=yes

Can anyone show me how to do that. I must admit I feel pretty dumb for asking this. But hey, if you've never done it before. I guess you gotta start somewhere.
  • CazpianXI
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that it's possible to have one scrollbar without the other. Maybe you should try just altering the content of the page so that it won't scroll horisontally.

If that dosen't work, try doing this: set scrolling to "No". Then, put all of the text inside on your page inside of this code:

<div width="110%" height="100%" style="overflow:auto">
</div>
  1. <div width="110%" height="100%" style="overflow:auto">
  2. ...
  3. </div>

I haven't tried this, but it should make a layer that is wider than the screen so that the horisontal scrollbar won't show.

Hope this helps.
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Again, I'm not entirely sure this is possible. But, I think I've seen it before somewhere. The idea behind the frame I'm doing it to...we want the frame to be like 2000 wide b/c we want it to scroll horizontally. But we don't want the vertical scrollbar, b/c it interupts the visual affect of the horizontal scroll. Does that make since?
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if you have a vertical scrollbar then you must have content that is larger than the frame?

All I can suggest is that you make all efforts to make the content of the page inside the frame no higher than the fram itself - then the scrollbar will automagically dissapear....

Other than that I'm a little confused. I think things are designed to scroll up and down mostly on the internet lol
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Duh! **hits self on forehead**

I had
scrolling="yes"
all I had to do was set it to "auto". BIG DUH!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts