Shopping Cart Help

• Mili

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, everyone !

I have no idea how to make a shopping cart on a website, and i really need to know how to do that.

Is there any tutorial somewhere i can find ?
Are all those softwares they talk about for free ?

What do i need to know about it ?

Anyone Help ?

PS- Moderators - I already went to Search and typed ''shopping cart'' and honestly.....it didnt help at all........maybe its just me....

Thanks everyone

Take care

bye

Oh and also does it involve PHP or anything like that ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most everyone here is going to recommend OSCommerce or something very close to it, and it whatever you choose will involve a programming language, most likely PHP and a MySQL database.

I'm moving your post to programming, but if you do a quick look at the Programming Forum you'll find multiple topics on Shopping carts and OSCommerce that should get you started in the right direction.
  • _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, don't know about your programming skills. But, implementing a shopping cart (plus product catalog) is a lot of work. You have to start by being an experienced programmer. You will have to check security of your application too, as a bug in it can be a disater.

There is a free open source e-commerce application in PHP named "oscommerce". You may want to try it. http://www.oscommerce.com/
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably OS commerce is your best bet, however there is an O'Reilly book "Web Database Applications in PHP and MySQL" that takes you through the entire process of building an eCommerce solution from scratch. It might be worth doing if you have enough time on your hands - it would be one hell of a learning experience.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts