site menu

• foodstyling
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • foodstyling
  • Loc: Antwerp

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a search engine on my site, which is dynamic with php/mysql. Now I wonder if I can generate pages that lists results from a query, for example when I search my database for a keyword, I get results pages with links to dynamic generated pages. for example when I search my database for "chocolate" i get a page with all recipes containing the ingredient chocolate. Now I would like to make a new, not dynamic page, wich list all the results with that ingredient and link to the dynamic recipe page. Is that possible?
this is the link to my search page if my question is not understandable:
http://www.foodstyling.be/zoek.php
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• _Leo_
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I got into your site and, after wondering about the language, I tried a search for "kip".

I got a page with some result for that search term. After reading your question again, I guess you want to write a couple of pre-searched lists to add in the site.

Ok, if you need that, I can think of two options. First, you can save the HTML from the search and add it as static part of the site. But, it will get out of date with the time. The secodn one, the simpliest too, is add a link to the search sending data in the GET method. Something like this:

http://www.foodstyling.be/results2.php? ... rgerechten

But, you will have to update your PHP for reading the input from $_GET instead of $_POST
You can use $_REQUEST[] I guess (not sure about the name of the array containing POST and GET).
  • foodstyling
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • foodstyling

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks, and for the case you still wonder, the language is Dutch
  • bob9999
  • bob9999

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you mean that you want to have a static page which always performs the same search you can 'hard wire' your search into a php page.

In other words, create a page containing code like:

$query_string = find all chocolate

$results = query $query_string

display results

This way your page has no paramaters in the URL but the search is performed everytime the page is laoded so the results are always current.

I hope this helps,

Bob
  • foodstyling
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • foodstyling

Post 3+ Months Ago

The static page is ok, what I want is to link the results I get from the query to go to to the detail pages. in fact I want to make a kind of site menu page with links to get spidered by search engines wich seems not possible with results coming from a search by a form.
  • bob9999
  • bob9999

Post 3+ Months Ago

It sounds like what you want is a spider map.

I have written a program to generate these for osCommerce/MySQL databases (not free):

http://www.searchenginepromotionhelp.com/oscommerce-spider-map.php

I hope this helps,

Bob

foodstyling wrote:
The static page is ok, what I want is to link the results I get from the query to go to to the detail pages. in fact I want to make a kind of site menu page with links to get spidered by search engines wich seems not possible with results coming from a search by a form.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts