Site with integrated Apache authentication

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all,

I have a custom website I'm building with it's own login/user authentication and I added some open source software to some directories on the website. Now I want to use .htaccess to password protect these directories instead of flat out modifying the software. I really don't want to have to modify the passwd file with the custom script and I've looked at mod_auth_mysql and mod_authn_dbd. Problem is I can't for the life of me figure out how to get mod_auth_mysql compiled/installed on ArchLinux. Also, I'm not even sure if mod_authn_dbd works with hashed passwords.

To make life more complicated, the hashes in the database are also salted. I can live with removing the salt and requiring all my users to change their passwords/re-register, but I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm afraid of posting this here because you most likely already seen it, but just in case:

Have you tried this?.
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I thought I couldn't use mod_auth_mysql, but I managed to compile it finally. Turns out you need a patch. I think I posted it in another topic that had to do with getting it compiled.

Thanks anyway, They REALLY need to update that page to talk about the patching.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts