Socket Programming in DEV C++

• frankly
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • frankly

Post 3+ Months Ago

I m using DEV C++ and I wanna make a thread in my program. If I m in a UNIX environment, I know I'll simply have to include pthread.h and then use pthread_create or use fork(). But in DEV C++ I think both of them r not recognized. So I did some search on google and found _beginthread with using the header file process.h 8)

But now my program is, I m writing a socket program and I was using UNIX compiler (cygnus) so I included some header files

Code: [ Select ]
#include    <sys/socket.h>
#include    <netinet/in.h>
#include    <arpa/inet.h>
  1. #include    <sys/socket.h>
  2. #include    <netinet/in.h>
  3. #include    <arpa/inet.h>

but seems like again....DEV C++ doesn't quite recognize these header files coz I did search in my PC, there is just no header files like those in the DEV C++ compiler. 8O So I want to ask what can I do about it?

Should I change the whole socket program? :? Coz u know those lines in the program r all referencing to the header files and if the header files cannot be used....the program will probably have to be rewritten...so just wanna see what u guyz suggest me to do

Thanz really!!! :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not exactly sure, but you probably just need to make sure you have installed the libraries for that DEV C++ compiler. Maybe there are more libraries you can install?
  • frankly
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • frankly

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes u might be right about that...hmp....think I'll go check out te libraries :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts