solution required for developing online site bulider

• rubahneck
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rubahneck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I am developiing Online site bulider. So that each user create his site online, enter the domain name and pay.
We register his domain name. Now what to do so that when he enters his domain name than it goes to our sever andopen his site. What dns setting or else hosting techniques required.
We want to contorl his space and Email acoounts also.
So what to do someone told me virtual hosting but i dont know what is this.
So plesase adivice me
thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

First you must figure out what your dns servers are. If you do not have any DNS servers you need to contact your host and ask them what they are. They will then tell you, and you would goto your registrar and have the new domains you registered point to those dns servers. Also you must contact your host and let them know which domains you are having pointing to those dns servers, as they will have to setup their internal DNS so that it points to your servers IP.

The following may depend some one what your O/S is on your server.

After you configure the above dns, you will have to setup a directory on your server for one of those new domains and have your httpd server software be able to find it by editing the httpd.conf file (if apache) or something similiar.

Controling the space for your domains is a completely different area as well. You will need to look into "user quota" to learn more about that. It is not the easiest thing to configure if you have no experiene, unless you are using some control panel like Ensim or Plesk to do that for you.

If you are looking into virtual hosting, that basically means that you will be sharing a server with many other people as well. If you plan to have numerous domains on the server (for each of your clients), and you plan to use virtual hosting you need to look into if they allow multiple domains, and the price that may be associated with that. Alot of the stuff I mentioned above may be easier to setup if you use a virtual hosting, as you would probably just simply need to e-mail your host's tech support for them to setup all those things for you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts