stackoverflow giving Expert Exchange a run for its money

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use to rely on Expert Exchange to faithfully rear its ugly head amidst the top 5-10 results of most any coding question I asked of Google. However, lately I've noticed a different trend. While EE still appears frequently, stackoverflow has been steadily revealing itself to the masses and it's caused a stir. Have a look at a SiteAnalytics comparison for yourself. stackoverflow obviously still has some growing to do, but I'm liking the trend!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Those EE pages sure can get hefty.
SO looks pretty simple, I keep forgetting about it every time I hear of it though.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah that was me too when the buzz first started. I've always been quick to jump on EE (*COUGH*cache*COUGH*) links before, but now I'm making a conscious effort to check stackoverflow. It's still got some growing to do, though.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've learned that if your post there isn't voted up at least once within a day, it's best to delete it. If it gets voted down one time it's best to delete it immediately before everyone follows suit and you end up getting bashed down with no comments about why.

Ruthless bunch over there.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, sounds like the reddit crowd is migrating over. I've seen that behavior out of them more than a time or two.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts