Seeking suitable programming language

• Abraxus
  • Born
  • Born
  • Abraxus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear programming geeks :)
Had to help with the following problem very grateful:

I would like to develop a program that, according to data input by the user performs a calculation and then displays the result on the screen. So first to appear on the screen, a query box in which the user responds to several issues with the input of data (usually sets of numbers). Based on the data entered, the program will perform a calculation and multiply these data together, add, divide and subtract (one invoice). After this, the calculated results are displayed on the screen.

While my description of the problem you will have noticed that I unfortunately did not know much about programming. I would like to schedule in the coming months, but time and properly develop the necessary knowledge to create this program.

Can anyone recommend which programs I should address myself to get to the simplest way to my goal?

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok , i feel your problem is about learning a programming Language. You want to know about the language which is easy is all.

First one is Microsoft Visual Basic , It come with very good IDE support on which you can start doing programming fun in 2-3 days easily. Only problem that i feel with that is The download size and subscription to Microsoft for full pack while learning packs are still free :)

Second Choice is 'Just Basic' IDE+Compiler, A Download of 4 MB in which u get one IDE, Compiler and 2 Very good Tutorial Section( This is where i start my programming). This one allow u to write your own console , Window , Drawing programs with ease. This is very good tool for writing Small and Medium Scale application for home , first time users and starters. But This is not such good for higher level application. :)
  • Nightslyr
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Nightslyr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ack, no, Visual Basic is horrible. If you want to learn a Microsoft language, choose C#.

That said, the description of what you want to do is so general that literally any programming language would suffice.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nightslyr wrote:
...the description of what you want to do is so general that literally any programming language would suffice.

Of which PHP is probably the easiest language to learn.

This brings another question... do you need a web-based programming language or not?
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

My regards to all! 8)

Abraxus, the question depends, first of all, on your preference of operating system. If you use Windows (that i assume you use) then Visual Basic .NET or C# .NET are the best and simplest choices for you. They provide quick software development and are easy to learn. The kind of software you described is essentially a Calculator.. isn't it?
Now if you are a Linux user then GTK could be a fair choice. However, there is either "full coding" or "graphical development tools" used for GTK. So, you need to explore this topic on internet.
:kingwithcrown: A midway between the two is Java that is platform-independent (i don't know to what extent) and you can create and run Java programs on both Windows and Linux. Before learning java I suggest you try your hands on more fundamental programming with C or C++. Java is easy, but easier if you are accustomed with C/C++. They have almost identical syntax.

I think this suggestion will help you a little if not much. I am a fan of open-source software myself (because they are free :D ). So I suggest if you develop something then please share the knowledge and code sources with others so that they can also learn what you already know.

That's all. Have fun!! :painting:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts