The Definitive Guide To Higher Rankings For WordPress Sites

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been researching wordpress SEO this week trying to recover some rankings. So i found this article and it is easy to understand even for entry level users. Good tips either way for WP users. written by the person who made "Wordpress SEO Plugin"

http://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/

i have got about 3/4 of this applied all ready but seams useful.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think too much SEO can hurt creativity for some (me included). Soon you end up doing everything as google want it to be and not the way you like it to be. Thinking stops since "this is how its supposed to be looking/behaving....." usually you are less restricted than you think but you starts working toward that goal more and more and forgot something much more important and don't ask if it can be done better since you just read: DO IT LIKE THIS, GOOGLE WILL LIKE YOU. You stop prioritizing offer users great functionality and give your site a real reason to exist for the quick +x visitors. Or you start pushing those needed changes/improvements back in time so you can make it more google friendly. In a perfect world we could do both/everything but most of us has a limited amount of time and resources and has to chose where to focus. Having said that I do read some SEO stuff posted by Matt Cutts and some other stuff as well as usability stuff and it can sometimes add ideas and change thinking in a very positive way. SEO is not information that one should avoid, but having taken part of SEO information isn't a reason to stop thinking and ask questions.

SEO is an interesting and moving area anyhow and it is important since: if people don't know you are there then you don't exist and you loose motivation no matter how cool your site is. But its all about priorities, focus more on this or SEO (hey I want x more likes on facebook or I want to implement a new voting system)?

Anyway thanks for sharing.

:)
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do agree and see your point but SEO does play a small part in filtering out results, yes they are not magic wands that make money tree's as well.

I have only just been shown in the last few months how effective Wordpress can be and moreso how to use it with more ease. So i have to read over this stuff to get the basic understanding of what permlinks to use and layout of site, META tagged posts(bots love them for site descriptions).

I see SEO has a config file for bots to help understand what you got, which sitemaps also help but just that little more bot data to add but really it is just bot config. the bots will do 500 passes within a few months easy so yea it is not just about using a billion META tags on everything. Just laying out the site with the right information so when people do start searching i see it will take less pain for Google to align you into the system.

As it is i am sure i have seen a dozen requests for SEO stuff so give the views what they wana read lol but eventually they should understand the same once some XP has been ranked up and eventually promoted to Web Master Class. :P

Between our 2 posts that should serve some noob handy notes lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts