Trouble with new design, trying php having trouble.

• Lucnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I seem to be ahving trouble with my site design. It all lines up until I put my rollover images for my menu in the header. If you are on a 800 res screen when you look at it, it will look fine. You will have to scroll to the right to see what I mean. Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Site http://www.lucnetsolutions.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whoa!!! I mean, the nav at the top looks fine and then I see two different colored gray bars and then a string of numbers and letters scrolling to the right. You might want to stick with HTML for now, until you get this fixed, and then slowly ease your way into PHP, like using the include function. Wow. That really needs fixing.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are the probable culprits in the script by line number

Code: [ Select ]
Line 34 <a.length
Line 41 <d.forms.length
Line 41 <d.forms.length
(two instances for line 41)
  1. Line 34 <a.length
  2. Line 41 <d.forms.length
  3. Line 41 <d.forms.length
  4. (two instances for line 41)

It appears this was done in Dreamweaver. You might want to double check and make sure it's not a prob with the way Dreamweaver generated the code.
  • Lucnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Here are the probable culprits in the script by line number

Line 34 <a.length
Line 41 <d.forms.length
Line 41 <d.forms.length
(two instances for line 41)
  1. Line 34 <a.length
  2. Line 41 <d.forms.length
  3. Line 41 <d.forms.length
  4. (two instances for line 41)

It appears this was done in Dreamweaver. You might want to double check and make sure it's not a prob with the way Dreamweaver generated the code.

This is the code I see online 41 : for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);

What editor are you useing? Also what was you meaning about line 34? Does it need to be removed? If you want you can contact me by email and I can give you access the site to edit it for me.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
What editor are you useing? Also what was you meaning about line 34? Does it need to be removed? If you want you can contact me by email and I can give you access the site to edit it for me.

What good will that do you? ATNO/TW was kind enough to point out the troubled spots, I think you should put forward an effort to debug them and fix them.
  • Lucnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did, if you look now the web page is messed up in a different dirrection. It was off way to the right, but now it is way at the bottom.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think maybe your problem is happening here:
  <!--end cell for left column of mainbody--><td height="100%" colspan="2" align="center"></td>
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
 <tr>
  <td width="593" bgcolor="#f1f1f1"><font color="#000000">kjgkjgjkgkgkjgkjgkjggjjgjgkjgkjgkgjkgkjgjkgkjg</font></td>
 </tr>
</table>
  1.   <!--end cell for left column of mainbody--><td height="100%" colspan="2" align="center"></td>
  2. <table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  3.  <tr>
  4.   <td width="593" bgcolor="#f1f1f1"><font color="#000000">kjgkjgjkgkgkjgkjgkjggjjgjgkjgkjgkgjkgkjgjkgkjg</font></td>
  5.  </tr>
  6. </table>

The table that contains the gibberish string (I assume this is just a test output from php?) is outside the td which is empty. I may be misunderstanding your problem and it's a little hard to read the code generated by dreamweaver, but it doesn't look like that table should be where it is. Try sticking it inside the td and see if that helps:
  <!--end cell for left column of mainbody--><td height="100%" colspan="2" align="center">
<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
 <tr>
  <td width="593" bgcolor="#f1f1f1"><font color="#000000">kjgkjgjkgkgkjgkjgkjggjjgjgkjgkjgkgjkgkjgjkgkjjgjkgkjggjkgjk</font></td>
 </tr>
</table></td>
  1.   <!--end cell for left column of mainbody--><td height="100%" colspan="2" align="center">
  2. <table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  3.  <tr>
  4.   <td width="593" bgcolor="#f1f1f1"><font color="#000000">kjgkjgjkgkgkjgkjgkjggjjgjgkjgkjgkgjkgkjgjkgkjjgjkgkjggjkgjk</font></td>
  5.  </tr>
  6. </table></td>
  • Lucnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well now it moved back up and its not as far to the right as it was at first. Maybe you are on something here.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you start from scratch? It looks a heck of a lot better. I tried looking for the error for quite some time, but when the table code gets that complicated sometimes it's better to just chuck it and start over.

Anyway it looks a lot better in both IE and Mozilla.
  • Lucnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got rid of the includes (header, footer, and lect collum) I couldn't figure it out, so I just made a new page. You can still see the index one that has the problem at http://www.lucnetsolutions.com/index1.php Not sure what I did, but now the information on the index1.php will not display. I have a few words in the index to see what it would look like once I get it all lined up. If you look at source you can see that a little paragraph is in there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts