Updating my MySQL Database Access Wrapper Class.Suggestions?

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, time has gone to update my MySQL Database Access Wrapper Class. I have a good bit of features planned to add, and I have already added some pretty good ones. (I actually started updating yesterday, so...).

The features I have in the class is:

• Added layer of security (Pretty much another set of hardcoded permissions for the user) and other features making security better
  • Error logging
  • Silent Errors
  • SQL Result Caching
  • SQL Query checking (To make sure it's valid).

That list doesn't list the capabilities it has (Like a function for insert, update, get, num_rows...).

Reason for this post is to see if there are any other requests for this class. A lot of bugs were fixed and those features added.

Reason I'm asking this here is because I'm creating this class for a project I started (for myself), and I'm going to release this class to the public. Well, I already have in phpclasses.org, but that is outdated... reason I put it in there is because I felt proud of it after my first creation of it. Now that I look back at it, I noticed a lot of bugs and missing features... so I'm coming back and fixed most of the bugs and added some features I felt like it needs adding.

So, does anyone here want to request/suggest anything?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, no one would like to see anything special in this class?

Maybe I should implement some advanced debugging system in there... Not really sure how I would do that... any ideas?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright then... I guess I either hit a bullseye here or everyone has made their own class :lol:

I'm done... here it is.
Attachments:
db101-2010-11-01.zip

(14.74 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

The Database Access Wrapper Class

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, I would like a review on that class if at all possible. That class was the first one I've done (when I started) and I updated it now to my current knowledge.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright then... that class is a bit out of date now. I keep it updated in phpclasses.org but... I can't edit my post here to keep fixing that attachment. Here's another.
Attachments:
db101-2010-11-06.zip

(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Database Access Wrapper - v1.4.1

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts