Voice recognition helpers in HTML forms

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a little application I use at home to keep track of materials I need for home improvement projects. I'm finding a lot of the time I end up using the application on my phone when I'm away from the computer and think of things I need.

The problem is using the application without a regular keyboard is time consuming, usually to the point I wish I'd just went to a desktop to add things.

Voice recognition makes it a little less painful, but I still kind of fumble around with navigating through form elements.

The first thing that comes to mind is to watch form elements for key phrases like "tab next" at the end of their values and use javascript to move around according to those. Then I could say "5 pound box of deck screws tab next" "27 point 98 new material" where tab next would move from the material name field to the cost field, then new material would automatically append a new row of fields to the end and focus that new rows name field.

I haven't tried to implement it yet, I'm thinking I'll have to still press the microphone between fields which I'm not sure that's not something I can have happen programatically.

Anywho, thought I'd put this out there and see if you guys have any thoughts. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is actually a JavaScript library for this (you most likely already have seeing it).

Annyang

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts