What methods have the best reliability for 3D Imaging

• Ko Ko
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ko Ko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear All,

I am totally new in 3D software development would like to know what kind of methods are the best reliability for 3D Imaging. So far I studied a bit in DirectX, OpenGL, WPF, Silverlight and XNA, however, I couldn't managed to decide which is the reliable one using C# as Web Application for my work.

So, please advice me and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon if you don't mind and if you had time.

Thanks and best regards
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just off the cuff: I've done 3D stuff in openGL and turned it into animated gifs, but there have to be a lot of quicker and easier ways to do that* -- I'd just rather spend my time learning OGL. But you could do some impressive stuff just using animated gifs:

http://www.intergate.com/~halfcountplus ... d-half.gif

If the link works you should see a spinning cube that says "mk27" on it. I don't put a lot of time into art of this sort, and that is a 230kb image, but it's 600x400, 14 frames in about 2 seconds and lots of color. You can get some idea of the possible quality of an animated gif, which is actually pretty high but nothing like flash.

So you probably want to be checking out actionscript for longer more elaborate things, I think that's the standard. Don't get into Silverlight, it's just going to be another proprietary software mess that is not supported properly on tons of browsers.

*eg like bryce or photoshop or something, I don't know.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts