Why not JAVA?

• iamguyu
  • Born
  • Born
  • iamguyu

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are you saying f*** men?
Why don't you talk about JAVA technology?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please watch your language. We have members here under 18, some as young as 13 or 14.

This is certainly the place to talk about JAVA. However, at this board we simply havn't had many questions about JAVA, nor do I believe there are as many here that use it as do other programming languages.
  • iamguyu
  • Born
  • Born
  • iamguyu

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Please watch your language. We have members here under 18, some as young as 13 or 14.

This is certainly the place to talk about JAVA. However, at this board we simply havn't had many questions about JAVA, nor do I believe there are as many here that use it as do other programming languages.

I'm sorry. I stand corrected.
  • Cafu
  • Student
  • Student
  • Cafu

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to use java exclusively for server side programming. I find PHP to be an overall better solution because it performs better, and is quicker to develop/modify.
  • techrolla
  • techrolla

Post 3+ Months Ago

Java is good for web applications when you have time to compile the servlets/jsp pages and deploy them without needed to modify them. If you have the time and need for this, In my opinion java surpasses all languages for enterprise solutions...Although I do like php :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the attractiveness of php / mySql is the fact that the end user has very little monetary investment. And I too have found that it is very easy to modify existing scripts. I have tried my hand at JAVA back when it was 1.0 and since it was at the very beginning of my programming experience quickly gave up on it. At that time web browsers (mine in particular) seemed to have a difficult time with it. Even now I use J2re plugin instead of the MS Virtual Machine and just about cringe any time I hit a site with java because it always takes at least 30 seconds longer for the plugin to load.

Personally, I'd like to see more support for JAVA, but languages like php seem to be so much easier for novices like myself.
  • pureone_36
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pureone_36
  • Loc: earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

im jus a novice and i have only looked at a java source code once and its as confuseing as hell i have no idea what its doing the languge does not look like it even has functions but i do like the things you can do with it

if anybody would like to help me with the source code please pm me its not very easy to understand
  • Kei
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup! Java is tedious to use! I gave up teaching myself Java in just one week! I'm still looking for a time to try PHP though! Antoher thing with java is that most of my Java programs (about 20%) of them don't work in some browsers even though they are correct. I just made a simple resistor reader java program once but hell it took a lot of time to load in a browser!
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to be a C++ programmer who made the fatal mistake of moving to Java. Here comes the rant that I’ve been bottling up.

I my humble opinion Java is Sun’s cash cow that is why that language keeps getting more and more bloated month by month. As long as they can keep the language changing they can charge people for their expensive classes and their certificates. It is like a gluttonous leech that feeds on people’s brain and money, the money that they have to spend to take courses just to keep up with it.

It’s amazing once I left Java’s sphere I found that I hardly missed the fat cow anymore.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, how else are they going to fund all those lawsuits gladden? ;)
  • gladden
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gladden

Post 3+ Months Ago

And the funny thing is in the early nineties when Java was a joke around folks who did C++, Sun Micro system started pointing fingers at Microsoft for their excesses.

Today Java is so huge that it takes a few hours of reading just to figure out what libraries are needed for a given task. I’d say take your free language and keep it, I don’t have the money to keep up with learning it. :x

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts