Voting Chart

Total votes : 4

Is the slider distorted on your browser?

•  
    Yes
  •  
    No

Why is my slider like this?

• thegreatdanton
  • Born
  • Born
  • thegreatdanton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

There appears to be some sort of distortion issue with the slider on my client's website. The website is tranzaura [dot] com and for some reason some of the slides on the home page appear distorted when viewed in some browsers. See attached image.

Can you please check the website on your computer and please let me know if there is distortion. I'd appreciate if you could vote in the poll. Note that there are 9 slides. You can scroll through them if you wish.

I have no idea why this is happening. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Attachments:
slider.jpg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using Firefox 7.0.1 on Windows 7 and not seeing any distortion. I also checked in MSIE 9 and didn't see any distortion there either.

Try clearing your cache.
  • thegreatdanton
  • Born
  • Born
  • thegreatdanton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for getting back to me. It's actually fine on my computer since I cleared my cache yesterday. However, several computers in my clients office are experiencing the issue on their computers. And the have cleared their cache a few tines. It doesn't happen on the same slide ever time either. Really strange. Thanks for the reply anyway.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

It works fine for me.

Which browser are they using. Are they on high speed internet. And what sort of computer do they have? I've never heard of this issue. My only guesses is that their gpu is old and getting overwhelmed by the transition effect, the images aren't fully loaded before the transition, or the browser is an old/uncommon one. Or thre is something wrong with your javascript. I noticed a little flickering when transitioning between 2 images on chrome. Possibly trying to display 2 images at once?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be curious if you and your client both use the same ISP. Some ISPs enable some sort of "speed boost", but the way they achieve this is by rewriting the images on the fly to a lower quality image that is much smaller in size. It's possible that could be breaking the site. This is just an idea as I have seen it happen before. If you are using a different ISP than your client then this theory would probably be ruled out.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts