Windows API (Main Window Encapsulating 6 Child Windows)

• frankly
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • frankly

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ppl,

I'm quite new to windows API and want u guyz to give me some help here, thanz really!!

I have a main window now and I created 6 child windows, each for running an executable C program.
I have 6 C programs which are actually socket programs. They talk to each other using TCP .

What I'm doing now is simply use a child window to display the input and output messages of these 6 C programs (like TextOut and input for these 6 programs).

The main window there is just for grouping the 6 child windows together to make it more convenient. So I think there won't be any message loop for the main window. Just creating the child windows. And the child windows will execute the C programs. These C programs will run and output messages to their own child window like a screen and get input from their corresponding child window.

So If I have A B C D E F for the executable C programs. I will also have child windows A B C D E F and these 6 child windows will be created by the main window. And the input and ouput of messages on the screen of child window A will be all handled by the .exe of program A.

What I wanna ask is...is this possible at all? And how do I actually implement this? I think the complicated part is how do those 6 programs handle the in and out of messages on the screen of their own child window? :shock:

Not sure I make it clear coz I am always lack of organization, so if you don't understand my design, just drop me a few lines, thanz so much!! :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Frankly, that is funny I was just thinking of you since I haven't heard from you in a long time, and then you post today!

Anyway I do not have experience with the Windows API, but maybe someone else will wander in here eventually and have an answer for you. One of these days I plan on messing around with the API because it sounds interesting. Anyway I mostly just wanted to say hi, good to see you are still around.
  • frankly
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • frankly

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh hehe, I'm right here :mrgreen: Just that I spent most of the time messing with those nasty codes, nah...killing me... :shock: But well it's better these days coz I've passed the most cimplicated parts. And yes you can see I'm making the GUI now. But still...got a lot of work to do

So hehe, franky will suddenly appear and disappear :wink:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts