write invisible html with php?

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it possible to write html to a document with php without having it show up in the source? For instance, a portfolio of artwork. I would write the img tags into the website through php so that they're server side instead of browser side. I have absolutely no experience with php except that it runs server side so this might be a dumb question.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not possible.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

mfs if you can describe the end goal, maybe we can think up an alternative method for you.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I don't have any experience with flash and want a way to protect my work from copyright infringement. I don't want to use a watermark. Essentially, I want to restrict any evil-doers to having to resort to a screen print at the most to get my work. I don't want the directory to be known to them so they can't go to the src URL. I don't want them to be able to copy/paste. I don't want them to be able to see where the images are. etc. etc.

I was thinking of doing it with php, but what if I write javascript that writes the img tags to the page and munge it somehow? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're wasting your time trying to solve the problem with technology. As much as everyone loves to hate the RIAA, their tactics (suing everyone) are the most effective way to fight piracy.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you wanted an easy yet satisfyingly annoying work around, how about this: Load a 'dummy' flash that checks that it is being called from the proper domain and then if successful, load the real movie onto the stage and play it. Google turned up a few domain checks for embedding in swf's.

Granted, I could still decompile your swf and grab the real movie fairly easily, but...
A) how many average users can do that and...
B) how many that can are going to be willing to give the effort?

As for your images, I'd probably work more on giving yourself credit when your stuff is linked directly and worry less on preventing it altogether. Either of those are 2 clicks away for me thanks to a browser add-on, regardless of how they're stuck in there. Scripts are in a similar boat.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
don't have any experience with flash

Yeah...I mean literally no experience. lol
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seriously, you're wasting your time even trying to thwart the technologically unsavy.

What's the first thing someone does when they can't get their computer to do what they want it to do ? They ask their geek friend to help.

Not only is the geek friend going to help, chances are they will start hosting the very thing you're trying to protect on a myriad of other sites to "work around" the "problem" you've created for "everyone" by trying to stop people from taking it.

If people don't have to jump through ridiculous hoops to do what they're going to do naturally, they'll continue to come back to you in order to get it. If you keep putting things up, they'll continue to have more reasons to keep coming back.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts