Search found 380 matches

Actual Results

Post Posted: February 26th, 2008, 10:49 am

You need to modify the MX record in your DNS zone file to match the existing MX record on the server where the emails are being processed.

Post Posted: November 26th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Feel free to peruse my portfolio.

Post Posted: May 4th, 2007, 1:03 pm

I think it's obvious who Im hosted with lol ....

Post Posted: April 21st, 2007, 10:13 am

I agree a Fantastico enabled host would be a cost effective solution. Especially if they offer good support. Additionally I suggest you register the name you have in mind without further delay. Do not assume it will be there waiting on you indefinitely.

Post Posted: April 21st, 2007, 10:01 am

I doubt godaddy offers cPanel. Godaddy techsupport is the place you need to get answers regarding their control panel. Of course you may become frustrated with this prospect and/or the result. However you do get what you pay for ... Redirecting from the .htaccess of each domain may be your best bet.

Post Posted: April 21st, 2007, 9:56 am

I like the design too ... have you resolved the issue?

Post Posted: April 21st, 2007, 9:52 am

Redirect /oldurl http://newurl.html
Yes you may use the ErrorDocument entry in your .htaccess as described. Just remember to create and upload the custom error page to your public_html, www or world wide web viewable folder should it be different from the aforementioned.

Post Posted: April 21st, 2007, 9:46 am

Perhaps they will allow you to pay the Resellers bill? If so bring the account current, back up your database and get your own hosting. Either way you should always do frequent backups of your data. Afterall it's really most important only to you. dang, I got hosted from a reseller and his account g...

Post Posted: February 5th, 2007, 11:55 am

When did they become a former moderator?

ATNO/TW wrote: -- also owned and operated by a former OZZU moderator.

Post Posted: February 5th, 2007, 11:52 am

No host worth their salt will break privacy to tell you anything useful to your query regarding their client.

Post Posted: December 5th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Most free services only monitor in 30/60 minute intervals. In that much time a site/server could be down/up more times than an express elevator. Moreover a site/server could have recovered from an outage and you would not know about it for another 30/60 minutes. Even if the outage lasted 5 mins or l...

Post Posted: November 20th, 2006, 4:52 pm

This is most likely the reason that the host recommended a dedicated server. In which case switching hosts will only help if the site is being hosted on some mega overseller or incompetent host. rather than bandwidth, hostingking, since the forum is on a shared server, I would be more inclined to th...

Post Posted: November 20th, 2006, 4:22 pm

You can always pay for a private registration or use a POB. The most critical information that requires acurracy are the email address of the Admin contact.

Post Posted: November 20th, 2006, 4:18 pm

I think hosts and registrars should remain seperate. I have used all three (3) of the following registrars for more than three (3) years. However I would not use any of them for hosting:

2. godaddy .com

Post Posted: November 20th, 2006, 4:07 pm

I don't know which author deserves the credit however the fact remains that article are poignant. Additionally I believe mega oversellers seek to attract websites that have little or no growth potential. It makes sense to weed out the sites that use more than 5GB or bandwidth per month or more than ...

Post Posted: September 5th, 2006, 8:41 am

Pricing does not suggest server is oversold. Thus I would ask what type of sites are these? Are they database driven? How much traffic are the site(s) getting? What are the server specs your site(s) are on?

Post Posted: August 22nd, 2006, 10:56 am

I doubt there any... good luck.

Post Posted: August 22nd, 2006, 10:54 am

My pleasure.

Sxperm wrote:
Thanks for your replied. You made me clear and give me something that I never thought about that.

Post Posted: August 20th, 2006, 9:54 pm

I suggest you do the math as it will make your decision much easier. Assume the average cost on a decent unmanaged server with 1000GB monthly traffic is $150.00. Tack on another $100.00/month for overhead and another $100.00 minimal profit margin and you end up with a minimum $350/month the host is ...

Post Posted: August 15th, 2006, 10:56 am

The only reason to use an Aussie host over a USA host are when you have an application/script that needs optimal speed for your target audience. The closer your audience are to the server the faster their response will be. This is usually critical in gaming and a few custom applications. That being ...

Post Posted: August 15th, 2006, 10:43 am

It is good that you decided against this route. Especially since most ISP's forbid this type of activity on their connection. My advice is until you've a decent following of visitors, to create any personal site on a home PC (assuming you've got a decently powerful one). This is what I do, and when ...

Post Posted: August 6th, 2006, 8:39 pm

People often do not comprehend this until they have been down awhile, ignored for days/weeks by support or realize their site/server is crawling at the speed of slooooooow.

Muhammad Asad wrote:
I never trust too cheap hosts as they mostly do over selling. This is not saving money, but infact losing your money.

Post Posted: June 16th, 2006, 8:04 am

Respected and well recognized are not always enough. You need to do diligent research. Eg: On sitepointforums Hostgator has been blasted by numerous people for their resource usage limitations with regard to databases, crowding and/or overloading their servers. Yet they would be a respectable and we...

Post Posted: June 16th, 2006, 7:55 am

Filezilla it's free!

Post Posted: June 7th, 2006, 6:46 am

The following changes are made at your registrar not webhost. Unless they are one in the same. In either case there should be a seperate login. and

Post Posted: June 7th, 2006, 6:42 am

I second that !

CartikaHosting wrote:
You can try filezilla - free client and generally has all of the features you require...

Post Posted: June 4th, 2006, 9:12 am

Im not sure how Urchin compares to Google analytics. However Urchin may be cost prohibitive as a standalone. They do sell it this way tho. If memory serves me correct it was more cost effective to purchase multi server licensing. Changing hosts is only a hassle when done improperly. When done right ...

Post Posted: June 3rd, 2006, 8:42 am

Find a host that offers Urchin on their plans.

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2006, 10:21 am

Did you read/understand the TOS? Your sites can not utilize more than 30mins of CPU time PER DAY! With this type of resource limitation you will be hard pressed trying to consume 1TB of bandwidth in a month. Great deal not looking so great now huh man ... Keep dreamin lol thats about the only way yo...

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2006, 10:15 am

unlimited bandwidth only exists when you have unlimited money!

Post Posted: May 11th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Hspere supports both windows and linux. Thus you can offer/have both enviroments in your control panel.

Post Posted: May 6th, 2006, 2:16 pm

If your host offers a control panel eg: cPanel you can accomplish this with a click or two. If not you can use the aforementioned options. BTW if your host does offer cPanel they may also have Fantastico, which is a script installer. The aforementioned CMS scripts are included in Fantastico and perh...

Post Posted: May 6th, 2006, 2:10 pm

3yrs is indicative of neglect not stability. Minimally patches and kernel upgrades need to be performed. These alone occur at least once per year and almost always require a reboot to take effect.

Post Posted: May 1st, 2006, 9:34 pm

Use the search function at, sitepointforums and here for reviews. You should find plenty.

Post Posted: May 1st, 2006, 8:27 am

Look for hosts that offer Hsphere control panel. In fact I believe Cartika Hosting offers it.

Post Posted: May 1st, 2006, 8:19 am

Basically you are being told absent critical errors you can disregard the errors currently being reported because they are most likely outdated and/or erroroneous. You should be backing up your data regardless.

Post Posted: May 1st, 2006, 7:39 am

Try searching sitepointforums, and here for reviews.

Post Posted: May 1st, 2006, 7:37 am

Windows is also subjected to more security and virus exploits than *nix based OS's. IMO Windows are less stable and require more reboots also. However I'm sure some will disagree. The cost difference is due to the fact that almost all software on a Windows server is fee based while *nix based server...

Post Posted: April 6th, 2006, 8:43 am

Each Fantastico installation will use a different database. If you don't like the Fantastico script you installed simply remove it and the database created for the same will go with it. Just make sure you install the script in a toplevel directory eg: Your previous/original desig...

Post Posted: April 6th, 2006, 8:30 am

I would also consider switching to a fully managed dedicated provider or minimally a host with a clue. That is to say that minimally your current host should have told you to disable/rename the script. However I get the impression you are using an unmanged service and they are not going to support t...

Post Posted: April 6th, 2006, 8:23 am

You need a DNS manager that will only send traffic to the second/backup server if the first are unreachable. They way you have it setup now is know as round robin DNS but as you can see you have no control over where the trafic actually goes. At the moment I can not remember the name of any sites th...

Post Posted: April 6th, 2006, 8:05 am

NP suzie

Post Posted: March 15th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Is Stormpay still solvent. I thought I read somewhere they went belly up ?

Post Posted: March 15th, 2006, 7:42 pm

Make sure it is well supported/documented. Otherwise you will not have a support mechanism in place for newly discovered exploits.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Have your host fix the errors found at ... or get a host with a clue.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2006, 6:36 pm


Post Posted: March 15th, 2006, 6:33 pm

This is correct! Godaddy requires each domain go on a seperate plan. This is also why it is better to pay for what you will use and not some crazy allotment that: a) you will never be able to use even if you wanted to. b) forces the provider to put you on a crowded and/or oversold box. As far as I k...

Post Posted: February 20th, 2006, 6:39 am

Last but not least most ISP's prohibit your hosting a domain on their connection.

Post Posted: February 20th, 2006, 6:37 am

I personally think you should skip the VPS especially given your admitted lack of knowledge regarding the same. VPS will give you way too much control to be fiddling with absent a clue. I think a Semi-Dedicated and/or large virtual plan in the $60/month range would be your best bet. Hi Tumbleweed, A...

Post Posted: February 20th, 2006, 6:26 am

Its been popular amongst our clients.

camp185 wrote:
Has anybody been using phplist, or others hosts. I am thinking of starting a mailing list, just not sure what is best.

Post Posted: February 20th, 2006, 6:20 am

If someone sends out SPAM and gets the servers main IP blacklisted having a Dedicated IP in the same subnet/octet will not protect you. Spam lists generally block out the entire subnet/octet.

Post Posted: January 4th, 2006, 6:32 pm

You will have to wait a minimum of 45 days. However the registrar is not required to release the domain after the mandatory grace period. Many of the registrars make their money off of bloated penalties on expired domains.

Post Posted: January 4th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Which reminds me that the tools used for determing this data are often inaccurrate/outdated. I would also like to add that a single IP could be a VIP (Virtual IP) for some server load balancing schema, utilizing several back-end real servers each hosting a portion of the total. Though, that is proba...

Post Posted: January 3rd, 2006, 11:28 am

The following response are not intended as a substitute for legal counsel. Basically there are two governing jurisdictions that may have concurrent jurisdiction. The state, province and/or country the server is physically located in and the state, province and/or country the responsible parties are ...

Post Posted: January 3rd, 2006, 11:18 am

I agree with Cartika. A domain guru can easily host and/or park 5,000 domains on a server without adversely affecting other users. However 1 resource (CPU & RAM) intensive site could cripple a Dual Xeon with 4GB DDR RAM and require the database to be on one ore more servers.

Post Posted: January 3rd, 2006, 11:10 am

This error can also be caused by a misconfonfigured zone file unsuccessful and/or pending propagation. I have heard and seen other threads regarding this issue and conclusion. However I know for a fact that you do not need to change the hostname. I have setup dozens of boxes and all of them sucessfu...

Post Posted: January 3rd, 2006, 10:53 am

Good advice. Just be sure to remain objective in your reading and remember people tend to post negative comments and not positive. Also no news about a host should not be considered a bad thing. Especially if the host particpates in the forum. Before investing your hard-earned time and money into an...

Post Posted: January 3rd, 2006, 10:49 am

Order what you need, not what is designed to appeal to human greed. Trust the latter is often not a better deal.

Post Posted: January 3rd, 2006, 10:43 am

Reseller plans are definately the better and more professionsal way to go. The other option (addon domains) comes with some logistical limitations and greater opportunities for problems. The two websites that I have in mind at the minute, I will be required to maintain. I will have to have a look in...

Post Posted: December 28th, 2005, 6:27 pm

As a photographer using hundreds of GB's of diskspace for images I can assure you that any host you choose is not likely to have a problem with http uploading. Generally when hosts start micromanaging these settings they have crowded and/or overcrowded the servers and need to deploy these measures t...

Post Posted: December 22nd, 2005, 1:58 pm

TP does not offer Hspere and as stated Hspere is the only solution available that will allow Windows and LAMP sites to be controlled from the same interface. Additonally you are not going to find a $100 server at TP. Without a setup fee the cheapest is going to be $139 and that's without any control...

Post Posted: December 22nd, 2005, 1:46 pm

I agree with reliability. However I will add support and anything extra geared to a specific niche of webmasters. Eg: if you're a web designer free/discounted web design services or anything else you can specialize in that makes you stand out from the crowd. What feature do you think if added to a w...

Post Posted: December 22nd, 2005, 1:37 pm

The OS is the least of your concerns regarding users connecting to your database. Memory, CPU and network are more critical factors. CentOs is the equivalent of RedHAT linux minus the End of Life (EOL) issues.

Post Posted: December 22nd, 2005, 1:33 pm

Just change the servers time, using the 'date' command. If you have a control panel on the box eg: cPanel you can use that to change the server's time too.

Post Posted: December 12th, 2005, 9:52 am

If you can handle an unamanged box and/or don't mind outsourcing your server administration you could try Just be aware you are not likely to get premium bandwidth with these offers. Eg: SM 20mbps servers are pure cogent bandwidth.

Post Posted: December 7th, 2005, 6:33 am

LOL Do the best hosts even need affiliate programs? Thanks Cartika for the honorable mention.

Post Posted: December 6th, 2005, 1:16 pm

Common causes for this error are:

wrong case (UPPER/lower).
image uploaded as ASCII

Post Posted: December 6th, 2005, 1:09 pm

I disagree with this statement. IMHO Cpanel's overhead only becomes an issue when your server's hardware is inadequate and/or the damn thing is doing too much. Eg: One hundred moderately busy sites pushing up to 100GB monthly bandwidth and 300K+ daily SQL queries on a P4 Celeron with 512MB RAM is go...

Post Posted: December 6th, 2005, 12:48 pm

Most hosts don't offer SSH access and while we do . It is certainly not something we enable by default. We offer it to those that need it. SFTP should be possible with most hosts. However it requires you (customer) to have an SFTP client. Not all FTP clients have this feature. Question to the webhos...

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 6:43 pm

In addition to those listed there are:
Direct Admin

If cPanel were not available I would use, DirectAdmi, Hspere or Plesk in that order. Ensim, Interworx and Webmin are horrible in my opinion.

Post Posted: December 1st, 2005, 1:20 pm

Obviously pedrotuga did not review our plans since we offer SSH and more than 1GB bandwidth with our 50MB plan for less than $50/yr. I agree with Cartika on the illusion so many people buy when succumbing to an oversold host. However I disagree that there is no legitimate reason to give a customer s...

Post Posted: December 1st, 2005, 1:07 pm

lol we don't have any servers at EV1. Nor do we any business with them. Those are merely the minimum specs I would launch this project with.

Axe wrote:

That server sounds very familiar. ev1? :)

Post Posted: November 30th, 2005, 7:52 am

I don't think any host posting the feedback of Godaddy users they have found in public forums should be discredited merely because they are a webhost. The negative feedback did not come from the webhost it came Godaddy customers. I persoanlly have found numerous negative posts from Godaddy users on ...

Post Posted: November 30th, 2005, 7:06 am

lock threads after thirty 30-45 days of inactivity.

Post Posted: November 30th, 2005, 7:03 am

Dude can you check the date on the post before you reply or at least read all the comments first. This thread is three (3) months old and the TS has not commented on the same since then. Casey I now know what feedback I would offer ... lock threads after thirty 30-45 days of inactivity. God... Can u...

Post Posted: November 30th, 2005, 6:53 am

I think you guys missed an important part of the equation here. The TS has stated that each of the 10,000 students will have access to a forum the size of ozzu . That's a really tall order and much different than a single website with 10,000 members. A project of this magnitude would minimally requi...

Post Posted: November 30th, 2005, 6:30 am

Casey I can understand the newbie digging up a three (3) month old thread but you should know better lol.

Post Posted: November 28th, 2005, 2:00 pm

I have seen countless posts on numerours forums from actual customers complaining of Godaddy's Webhosting service. People have complained about extremely long support hold times, inability to run/integrate common scripting and/or useless techsupport. In short I have concluded that their webhosting s...

Post Posted: November 13th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Removing the entirely is something you should only consider when your stats show no traffic to it. Another option would be to setup a redirect via htaccess. However this would make the change instant and your traffic may not notice the new domain name in their browser. This will leave ...

Post Posted: November 13th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Agreed. Hello User #2 The only solution I am aware of that handles that is an hsphere cluster. If you get a reseller account on an hsphere cluster, you can create, and manage accounts on both linux and windows servers from a single interface.. is a good place to start loo...

Post Posted: November 13th, 2005, 12:00 pm must remain active to do this. I suggest you get a plan with Addon domain capability for the Then setup a simple page with an auto redirect that informs all traffic to the that you have moved to the and you will be transported there in ten (10)...

Post Posted: November 2nd, 2005, 5:03 pm

Resolver & Hostname are set with the Resolver Configuration and Hostname links found under the Networking Setup section on the left side of your WHM. You can also set the hostname in the initial setup.

Post Posted: October 14th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Godaddy has horrible reviews as a webhost. I believe they only allow one domain per virtual account as well.

Post Posted: October 10th, 2005, 8:50 am

My advice is to forget about hosting with goddady. They are ill suited for the sophisticated webmaster and/or those that rely on scripting or the same as a source of revenue. If you haev any doubts about leaving them I suggest you read this thread.

Post Posted: October 10th, 2005, 8:42 am

Seperate databases are cleaner IMHO. The other two sites you intend are likely to consume more diskspace. Accordingly you may need to upgrade to a larger plan. This upgrade may include additional databases. Alternatively you could inqure abiout adding databases to your existing plan. If they won't a...

Post Posted: October 8th, 2005, 2:12 am

I have to agree with Cartika. You are as much to blame as the *plum* hosts you selected. Revaluate your selection process and you won't have these problems. Absent a special offering for a limited time, no reputable host that gives a damn about their clients are going to perpetuate $30/mo 12GB/100GB...

Post Posted: September 27th, 2005, 6:21 am

Are you sure the price increase affects you? It's not often that webhosts pass price increases on to exisitng clients.

Post Posted: September 16th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Uncensored-Hosting offers Urchin by request only. There's no additional charge we simply do not put it on all our servers. We've found many customers could care less about it. Thus we keep it around for those that do.

Post Posted: September 12th, 2005, 6:50 pm

The fact almost half of our customers are in the UK should tell you something.

Post Posted: September 12th, 2005, 6:47 pm

Don't forget to restart apache after making the changes.

Post Posted: August 30th, 2005, 11:08 pm

Before you do all that and/or jeoparidze your internet connection, go read your ISP's TOS. Most will not allow you to run a web server on their connection.

vassili_zaitsev wrote:
I havnt got a registerd domain name.

and it ask's for one. im using a freewebs account.

Or dos any of that matter?


Post Posted: August 30th, 2005, 11:05 pm

It's also a good idea to set the browser (especially IE) to check for new content each time. This is not the default setting in IE so unless you have changed it to "Every visit" you are caching pages. From the Menu click Tools then Internet Options. Next Click "Settings", enable "Every Visit" then s...

Post Posted: August 26th, 2005, 4:59 pm

Quite honestly with 2GB/10GB you are not going to be able to offer much to anyone. Nevertheless the average website consumes 50-250MB diskspace and 5GB or less of monthly bandfwidth. I have a reseller account and was wondering if someone could help me figure out what kind of packages I could offer. ...

Post Posted: August 26th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Again .... Decide on a domain and a webhost. Register the domain at or Then use the nameservers assigned you by your webhost at the registrar. 24-72 hours later your domain will be resolving at your webhosts server and your site will be viewable by the world wide web. Good luck...

Post Posted: August 25th, 2005, 7:08 pm

Glad it worked out for you Lee.

Post Posted: August 25th, 2005, 6:57 pm

Os commerce, Agora, ZenCart, Miva Merchant etc are all shopping carts. Many (especially cPanel hosts) bundle some or all of them with their hosting plans. Some even offer Fantastico which is a simple (one click) script installer for dozens of popular scripts including but not limited to ZenCart. I d...

Post Posted: August 19th, 2005, 8:10 pm

I agree. If your host is responsive and and/or otherwise responsive give them a chance to work it out. Hello Rambosko, If you are unsatisfied with your service, considering a new provider is always one of your options. However, if you feel this is an isolated incident and you feel they will improve,...

Post Posted: August 18th, 2005, 9:22 am

If never published or sold the works would still be protected for decades. That's what we're asking you. Who does own the rights? If this music was published on a CD, contact the publishing company. THEY may possibly own the rights to it. You shouldn't be asking us who owns the rights. We don't know...

Post Posted: August 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm

Im acutally using Netscape 8. However I was using the Firefox render on this site. When I switched to the IE render I was able to send people other than myself a PM.

Daemonguy wrote:
Sure, although that is the browser I was using.

Post Posted: August 15th, 2005, 11:16 am

The problem is browser specific. In firefox I can't send a PM to other people. Even when attempting to send one to you in Firefox it changes the receipent back to me. Thanks for testing that DGuy.

Post Posted: August 15th, 2005, 10:30 am

Humor please and see if the TS's Username changes to your own when you try to PM them?? Is there a min post count required to be able to receive PM's?? I know we're supposed to PM offers versus putting them in the thread. However many people can't receive them despite having the link enabled. No, I ...

Post Posted: August 14th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Is there a min post count required to be able to receive PM's?? I know we're supposed to PM offers versus putting them in the thread. However many people can't receive them despite having the link enabled.

Post Posted: August 13th, 2005, 5:43 pm

The hosting industry is extremely competitve and I would only suggest people who already have a successful niche to market to add it to their service list. Even then I suggest they choose a fully managed Semi-Dedicated/Reseller plan unless their niche is Server Administration. As Cartika said a Web ...

Post Posted: August 10th, 2005, 9:28 pm

Try /index.html

Post Posted: August 10th, 2005, 9:26 pm

Alexa is not very reliable I suggest you dicontinue linking.

Post Posted: August 7th, 2005, 8:06 am

Searching forums like hostdetective, sitepoint, etc for feedback is prudent. Just remember that not everyone is objective when giving their feedback and people often leave negative feedback before positive. Thus a company that has little or no feedback (no news is good news) shoul...

Post Posted: August 7th, 2005, 7:58 am

Interesting oberservation especially since signatures are the one place where you are allowed to be "Spammy" ...

asterisk wrote:
Um, if you search on my 'old' posts, all 4 of them, you can see that they are not.

As long as we're pointing fingers, your signature sure smells spammy to me. :lol:

Post Posted: August 5th, 2005, 8:31 am

The username and password prompt is easy to resolve. Simply remark out each line in the /public_html/.htaccess (or wherever your root web folder is) that refers to authentication or delete the damn file. Why did you choose this host? Twelve hours of downtime is a bit much ... BTW whatever link you h...

Post Posted: August 5th, 2005, 8:11 am

Based on the plans alone the potential for this server being oversold is extremely high. Again this type of business model will adversely affect the net worth of the company. Additionally the server will most likely require a minimum 512KB of additional RAM in order to have a shot in hell of sustain...

Post Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 5:28 pm

Before I offer an opinion I would need to know the breakdown of accounts? I think it is important to understand and/or know how sound the business model is? $200/mo. profit on the server means more when the same are not oversold. However $200.00 profit on server that has oversold it's bandwidth and ...

Post Posted: August 3rd, 2005, 5:18 pm

You get what you pay for. Cheap may not be reliable, support friendly and/or avaiable 27/7/365. Bearing this in mind places like, godaddy or 1and1 may be of interest t you.

Post Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 6:59 pm

Check the reviews on 1and1 at and sitepoint before you decide.

Post Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 6:52 pm

This is true. It is also possible for a bad company to be around for years ... people don't like change. I can't tell you how many times I see people complain about the crappy service they got from their host 6/12 months ago. Yet they continue giving the crappy host their money, year after year, mon...

Post Posted: August 2nd, 2005, 6:42 pm

Perhaps you should inquire of the parent host as to whether or not you can switch to them? If so would your site/data be recoverable. Granted this may not help you get your money back from the reseller but it might allow you to recover your data ....

Post Posted: July 22nd, 2005, 9:09 am

I really like the home page. Did'nt care for the larger screen resolution thereafter tho ... I don't like scrolling horizontally.

Post Posted: July 14th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Ask your host to lower your TTL to 300 at least 48 hours prior to move or ask them to point the site to the new host once you have uploaded your data to the new host. Either will result in zero downtime. The former has the advantage of ensuring all requests for your site check DNS every 5mins for ne...

Post Posted: July 14th, 2005, 8:21 pm

If you are willing to do some web design email us some samples. I'm also interested in some music tracks for some video projects. So music samples are cool too.

Post Posted: July 12th, 2005, 9:32 pm

Since money is an object for you I suggest you ask for a reasonable number of mysql databases. Especially since these tend to be resource intensive. Any host worth their salt won't allocate them so willy nilly.

Post Posted: July 12th, 2005, 9:28 pm

LOL my bad John
jmweb wrote:
Whose this "Jim" person?

Post Posted: July 12th, 2005, 9:35 am

I agree with Jim. I doubt you will find a prepackaged VPS or Semi-Dedicated solution with 30GB of diskspace.

jmweb wrote:
I would suggest you contact a couple companies and ask them for a custom quote for your download site.

Post Posted: July 12th, 2005, 9:32 am

Now there's a contradiction in terms if ever there was one ...
etechsupport wrote:

Some of the smart guys use to copy the TOS quite same, even their mistakes are also identical, it's ridiculous. :)

Post Posted: July 8th, 2005, 9:44 pm

I doubt it. Any host worth their salt has tailored their TOS/AUP to their niche, business and/or needs.

Post Posted: July 8th, 2005, 7:41 pm

If godaddy is your host and you are running any type of optimization then this is most likely your problem. Godaddy and Yahoo hosting are best suited to simple static websites ... not the sophisticated website/webmaster.

Post Posted: July 5th, 2005, 2:42 pm

As a IPP you and Alabanza are accountable to ARIN for conforming to policy. However they will be held to a higher standard since it's their IP space. ARIN will audit Alabanza each time they apply for more IP space. These audits will require verifiable information confirming compliance with ARIN poli...

Post Posted: July 5th, 2005, 10:57 am

I like the design. However cogent bandwidth is not Tier I as you claim. Additionally issuing dedicated IP's to every domain is a strict violation of ARIN policy and will get you and alabanza in a pickle.

Post Posted: July 5th, 2005, 9:43 am

What's your server's hostname?

Post Posted: July 5th, 2005, 9:41 am

PR are going to be the least of your prblems trying to reach your target audience. Someone in North America searching for any of your keywords is not likely to have the SE's return results from the Czech Republic. They are going to find and return results from North America first. Your site needs to...

Post Posted: July 5th, 2005, 9:34 am

First let me say I think interactivity concept on the site are a great idea. I would improve the naviagtion eg: from the database page I should not have to go back to home in order to access the rest of the site. I would also put all the text on the home page between check availability and the icons...

Post Posted: July 4th, 2005, 5:13 am

You have daily stats to base your projections on. You do not need to wait a whole month to gauge your expected growth. Besides diskspace and bandwidth consumption will be the least of your problems when you get to be as big as ozzu. CPU and RAM consumption will dictate your hardware and/or hosting n...

Post Posted: July 3rd, 2005, 10:29 pm

Agreed. Your own stats are best for projecting your space and bandwidth needs.

Nem wrote:
Don't you have a control panel with details on your usage?

Post Posted: July 2nd, 2005, 10:24 am

Mambo and Wordpress would be my two top choices. BTW choosing a cPanel + Fantastico host will most likely offer you the option to install either of those with a click or two.

Post Posted: July 2nd, 2005, 10:20 am

I agree.

placid psychosis wrote:
There is a certificate issued by GeoTrust that's under $40. I don't recommend using self-signed certificates, the resulting security warning will often turn people away.

Post Posted: July 1st, 2005, 6:09 pm

Even if your host allows you to install a Cert (unlikely) you are still going to need to get a Dedicated IP from them.

Post Posted: June 27th, 2005, 12:32 am

It is a mystery ...:?

allgoodpeople wrote:
Uncensored-Hosting, what is your pic? I can't quite place it. Is it two guys hugging?

Post Posted: June 27th, 2005, 12:27 am

You should expect to pay between $10-15.00/mo for a quality multi-domain plan willing to customize your DNS.

Post Posted: June 25th, 2005, 5:18 am


Post Posted: June 25th, 2005, 4:55 am

I give 'em a 9
Beats the hell out of Verizion. At least my service stays up in the rain. On the East coast everytime it rained my service would go out. When I moved out west I did'nt even consider them.

Post Posted: June 24th, 2005, 10:45 pm

Unless the extra database is more than $2.00/mo I would stay there and avoid places that give you everything including the kitchen sink for little or nothing. In the end you often end up with just that or an annual commitment. $6 1.8 gigs private smtp 20 mysql 20 ftp 4 addon domains 20...

Post Posted: June 24th, 2005, 5:27 am

Lysanda: I have no idea where you are hosting this database or proposing to host the same. However if the diskspace required are cost prohibitive then I strongly suggest they/you find another provider. As previously stated the security of the database will be degraded not improved by such a transiti...

Post Posted: June 23rd, 2005, 1:21 pm

Lysanda: How is the local PC being secured? Why do they think that this would be more secure than leaving the data on the webserver? however due to security reason the organisation want to set up their own local mysql database ( on their own local pc computer , 24 hours connected to the internet)

Post Posted: June 23rd, 2005, 1:13 pm

Just to elaborate here ... when not if but when the hard drive in that colo box dies you have to physically go into the DC, replace, format and restore any data lost. Additionally some colo's require you to pay them to do this work for you. As they will not allow non employees access to the racks. A...

Post Posted: June 23rd, 2005, 11:45 am

I suggest you get a large reseller on a quailty server with a reliable provider. Build your client base, and then move to a quailty dedicated box. Your clients will expect the very best Casey and you are not likey to get 50 sites on a celie with 512MB RAM that you can share with testing. Unless of c...

Post Posted: June 23rd, 2005, 10:31 am

I would not use a Celeron for webhosting. Especially considering you intend to put a bunch of small resellers on it with unlimited databases. Celerons are best suited for static download sites with little or no dynamic applications. Minimum specs I would consider are: Non celeron P4 2.4Ghz 1GB RAM

Post Posted: June 23rd, 2005, 10:21 am

Their site is up try again ...

Post Posted: June 23rd, 2005, 10:18 am

In order for anyone to be able to answer this question honestly they would need to have used every webhost as a basis for comparison. Since this is not a practical reality I suggest reiterating your question to include examples of the type of site, enviroment (*nix or Windows), database, scripting e...

Post Posted: June 22nd, 2005, 9:55 am

You should also search for reviews/feedback.

Post Posted: June 21st, 2005, 11:15 pm

Well I moved all but one of my domains from them as they are too expensive. There simply is not any justification in paying 2-3x more for accredited registrar services. I also think you should consider Semi-Dedicated/Reseller plans which allow you to host unlimited domains in your allocated space an...

Post Posted: June 21st, 2005, 12:14 pm

If this is a cPanel server you can access it's bandmin report. If not I suspect EV1 has a link accessible to you that shows your server's monthly traffic. It's probably called a mrtg report. Where can i find out how much bandwidth i use for everything i have on the server... LIke photos linked to he...

Post Posted: June 21st, 2005, 12:07 pm

Is this a *nix based or Windows host?

Post Posted: June 21st, 2005, 12:05 pm

Very few ISP's and/or cable providers allow this type of traffic on their connections. You may want to confirm/deny this before you proceed in this fashion. I dont expect that much traffic besides myself and about 100 students that teach each semester. I have a cable modem that would be used for the...

Post Posted: June 21st, 2005, 12:00 pm

If you are willing to bring something to the table eg: webdesign I'm sure we and other quality hosts may consider your request ... Hell if yor're any good we could negotiate a very equitable win win solution.

Post Posted: June 21st, 2005, 11:55 am

What you are asking for is pretty simple to setup in any multi-domain hosting plan. However I doubt it alone will not help you reach your goal.

Post Posted: June 17th, 2005, 12:49 pm

The word "cheap" is subjective, relative and ambiguous. Spell it out for us please ... what's your budget?

aceindigo wrote:

We are from AceIndiGo and like to buy dedicated server from where we can get one hosting on cheap prices....

Post Posted: June 16th, 2005, 11:41 pm

YTD averages out to approximately 12GB/mo. It's actually a pretty sweet deal for the host. Provided of course their business model sends those habitually using more than 25GB/mo packing.

Post Posted: June 16th, 2005, 11:19 pm

Here's some info on the subject: # FLASH FLOODS -- these are when a user on a shell (Unix) account sends a command code that causes the other shell (Unix) users on the channel to have their screen codes reset so that it becomes unreadable. You can protect against it by typing "mesg n" (no quotation ...

Post Posted: June 16th, 2005, 11:01 pm

Thats only 139GB. No host is going to let you transfer 145,852GB for $10. Notwithstanding this the fact they let you transfer 139GB for $10 bucks is still quite impressive.

Ishii wrote:
Webalizer shows that we transferred 145852600 kb or 145,852gb of data the month that image was posted. View our log here

Post Posted: June 14th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Best way to avoid that email is to choose a host that caps you at your allocation. We don't like sending those emails so we make sure the customer knows they are burning the candle at both ends so to speak. If they want more bandwidth we're happy to upgrade their plan or sell it to them on a pre-pai...

Post Posted: June 14th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Check your IP against most SPAM databases at

Post Posted: June 14th, 2005, 1:18 pm

You're welcome. Mind telling me why you asked?

joebert wrote:
Thankyou Uncensored-Hosting :)

Post Posted: June 13th, 2005, 11:09 pm

To get a discount (10%) they have to pay for 24 months. They require a minimum 12 month payment/commitment at $4.95/mo. Frankly I would be leary of this type of arrangement. Especially since you must pay for a year in advance and they are offering 1500/50GB for that $4.95/mo. Also, the price is mont...

Post Posted: June 13th, 2005, 8:01 pm

You have to pay $4.95 x 12 and you can host 5 seperate domains in the account for the same price.

Post Posted: June 13th, 2005, 8:47 am

We host and publish mega adult content. The bandwidth used varies from customer/site to site/customer and increases dramatically for those streaming versus downloads. Some of our clients push more than 140GB/day. Some push less than 60GB/month. For straight downloads you can estimate your average by...

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 2:33 pm

DNS services and parking. Everything else is extra including but not limited to hosting. Which I strongly suggest you get elsewhere.

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 2:29 pm

I have to agree with previous posters. There is nothing published under thier detailed management services that suggests they will assist you in defending any DDos or DOS attacks. The closet they get to this would be Intrustion Detection Systems (IDS) and firewalls. Unfortunately combating Ddos and ...

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 2:12 pm

cPanel is is my favorite. However Hsphere, DirectAdmin and Plesk all tie in for a close second. One thing I would like to see added to cPanel is the ability to control multiple servers from the same browser session/tab. Instead of having to open a different one (window/tab) for each server. I know t...

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 2:02 pm

You don't want someone to register it first and then sell it back to you for a profit.

Axe wrote:
Just so you know, if you haven't already bought the domain name yet, it's not very wise to post what you're going to buy in a public forum that receives as much attention as this one does :)

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 10:13 am


jmweb wrote:
The time bomb on their main page has lots of symbolism to it.

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 5:45 am

Perhaps it was invison or VBulletin

Post Posted: June 12th, 2005, 5:13 am

Godaddy and Yahoo hosting are best suited for the webmaster who really just wants to be able to say I've got a website. Sophisticated webmasters who wish to grow their sites and/or rely on them will find these types of hosts severely lacking when trying to use or install many features commonly found...

Post Posted: June 9th, 2005, 6:43 am

Or they can use a pop3 email client.

POP3 & SMTP servers will be

The above login credentials will be necessary if authentication has been enabled.

lilstorm wrote:
Thanks! How do they log in?

Post Posted: June 8th, 2005, 8:20 pm

Interesting ... that's one word for it. Especially since this thread is eight [8] months old. BTW we don't offer those specials any longer.

CartikaHosting wrote:
alexanderpas, this is an interesting first post - did you just find ozzu today?

Post Posted: June 6th, 2005, 10:34 pm

Offer him more money lol ... you can also ask him to add the redirect to an .htaccess file.

Post Posted: June 6th, 2005, 10:31 pm

Set up the email accounts the same you did the others. Assign them a username, diskspace and password from your control panel. You will be subject to your host's limit.

lilstorm wrote:
sorry lol

1) My webhost is just someone who was being nice and gave me space to use :)

2) I use cpanelx

3) Yes only 10

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2005, 8:11 am

Considering this their VPS solution will not improve your situation. You will need a minimum of 1GB RAM and I strongly urge 2GB. Their largest plan only has 768MB RAM. Many of the sites we're hosting are highly dependent on php and mysql, which is why I think we're having issues with speed. Thanks '...

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2005, 7:47 am

VPS/VDS give you root access. Since you are not adept at server management I think this is a bad idea for you. I think you need a fully managed Dedicated or Semi-Dedicated solution. You don't want to learn server admininstration on a production box. Mistakes here are likely to result in serious down...

Post Posted: June 1st, 2005, 11:01 pm

Digging up year old threads makes your posts smell like SPAM! I have to agree with one of the other comments stating that pinging is not enough. A good product I've seen is WebWatchbot that will download a web page and images, then report back download times. A...

Post Posted: June 1st, 2005, 10:57 pm

Personally I think this is SPAM. Afterall this thread is a year old ! Personally, I'd rather use software that I pay for once, and install and run on my own system. I shopped around a few of the website monitoring services and see that if you want to monitor 1 (one) URL once every 5 minutes, it can ...

Post Posted: June 1st, 2005, 10:40 pm

Hotel when used in relation to webhosting usually refers to a carrier grade hotel. These are basically facilities where multiple tier 1 connections are housed and as such are never cheap to build or maintain. I think (hope) this TS is simply looking for inexpensive/affordable hosting. Cheap is never...

Post Posted: May 30th, 2005, 11:18 am

What you are asking for are a fully managed dedicated server and those often start at $250.00/mo. They just don't come cheap! However what you need may only be a fully managed Semi-Dedicated Server and those you can get for under $100 all day long. However before you get happy we need to know exactl...

Post Posted: May 30th, 2005, 11:08 am

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you will never know about most outages that occur on your site/server. Afterall it's only being checked once every 60 mins. As I previously stated these intervals lack precision and grossly misrepresent a site's true uptime. Your site could have been down for ...

Post Posted: May 28th, 2005, 1:38 pm

ftp into your account and click mkdir, create directory or whatever it's called in your ftp client. You can also do this from your control panel or ssh if you have access to either.

Post Posted: May 28th, 2005, 11:29 am

If you merely want them to have upload capability without the ability to change anything you could simply create a subdirectory and grant them ftp access to it. Then you or whoever you wish to grant permission to can access the directory and data submitted.

Post Posted: May 27th, 2005, 5:36 pm

The plan you are on is below fair market value. An intelligent host would only make such offers to attract new business that will eventually need to upgrade, appreciate quality and remain a loyal customer. Hosts engaged in overselling will also make such offers. However these hosts are generally wit...

Post Posted: May 26th, 2005, 9:46 am

I think you should consider yourself extremely lucky to find anyone willing to offer you that much diskspace & transfer for 60.00year. Especially if it stays up 90% or more per month. In fact you should also consider their offer was a loss leader and that they hoped to upsell you (oh well) on ot...

Post Posted: May 26th, 2005, 6:56 am

Nucleo how old are? Is the charge on your parents credit/debit card?

Post Posted: May 26th, 2005, 6:50 am


Post Posted: May 26th, 2005, 6:49 am

I'm wondering why you need a new host when your current host is providing you this server for the price you want??

Post Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 4:59 pm

Did you try searching for a Plesk forum? I can not imagine one does not exist. I am sure they are 2nd or 3rd most popular control panel on the market today.

Post Posted: May 21st, 2005, 3:58 am

You're welcome UP. Considering you have 12 domains why not simply pay the $100.00 deposit and move them to Godaddy. Perhaps you can open a PayPal account Godaddy takes that too.

Post Posted: May 20th, 2005, 2:54 pm

#3 then #1. Assuming of course the provider is just as good and the cost is reasonable?

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 6:01 pm

They can: Do anonymous ftp. Which requires a dedicated IP. Issues different ftp credentials to each client. Useful if you want to receive and store the files in separate folders automatically. Issue the same ftp credentials to multiple customers. My client is thinking of an online photo lab. If he h...

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Perhaps a friend or relative with a credit card can do it for you??

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Why not ask your host to do it for you and send them the money. Assuming they are willing to register the domain(s) in your name. We have done this customers in your situation I hope that your host would do the same for you?? Granted they may charge you a premium for their time but hey it's only fair.

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Best implies you tried the rest. We know that is untrue so lets' not go there. Furthermore I am sure that 9 out of 10 people here happy with their current host think they are the best. This suggests they are the best for their needs. Last but not least seeing as your affiliate code is an integral pa...

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 11:51 am

No I would not make such a recommendation.

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 11:49 am


UNFLUX wrote:

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 11:44 am

I agree that most hosts offer this as an unlimited feature. I know we do on all but two (2) of our plans. I assume you intend to add the ftp users yourself via the control panel provided by the host?

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 11:40 am

This is so true and it saddens me whenever I see a customer suffer through months of grief with a terrible host fearing the loss of their domain if they switch. Many of these hosts are domain name resellers and attempt to impose a fee for release or transfer of the domain name. At least until we int...

Post Posted: May 19th, 2005, 11:31 am

First it's often better to have your host and registrar separate. Second godaddy and Yahoo hosting is best suited for the novelty webmaster who simply wants to be able to say they have a website. Their services are severely lacking for the professional webmaster who wants to grow their website or re...

Post Posted: May 7th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Ideally the unsuspecting webhost setup a subdomain for a criminal. The criminal then used this access to send out phishing emails to the internet. They may or may not have profited from the scam however the same probably did not cost them anything either. However the host may end up with their IP sp...

Post Posted: May 5th, 2005, 3:30 pm

False positives include but are not limited to reports of service interruption which can not be confirmed by other sources within the same network. Erroneous outage reports whether confirmed or not. of services that have not failed. I agree that testing from multiple places around the globe are crit...

Post Posted: May 5th, 2005, 10:44 am

I'm sure we are not the only host who accepts Money order, cash, and/or Western Union as well as conventional payments. If you really want to pay $3-5.00/mo for reliable hosting you can. Where there is a will there is a way. You can even include the cost of domain registration and ask the host to re...

Post Posted: May 5th, 2005, 10:39 am

Free monitoring programs often check your site every 20-60 mins. These intervals lack precision and grossly misrepresent a site's true uptime. Even paid monitoring services have been known to report false positives. We monitor internally and externally from at least three sources in 1-5 min interval...

Post Posted: May 2nd, 2005, 1:33 pm

Your welcome good luck Minski!

Post Posted: April 29th, 2005, 2:44 am

Try naming the file .htpasswd and/or using the full path. Eg: /home/user/web. Be sure to change the change the corresponding .htaccess as well.

Post Posted: April 29th, 2005, 2:38 am

Axe is correct the only way to ensure they are not stolen is never to put them online. Even flash files can be disected and saved. Remember anything that comes across the web can be saved. IMO the best deterent is to conspicuously watermark the images. Be sure to place the watermark in place that wo...

Post Posted: April 29th, 2005, 2:32 am

I like the one in your signature best! I do know how it was created in case you are wondering..

PluTunium wrote:
Thank you Vladdrac!!

And yeah, I love the subway one too!! It is my fav!

Post Posted: April 28th, 2005, 10:51 am

A better question would be what kind of server can you get for (fill in the blank) ... ?

Post Posted: April 23rd, 2005, 6:03 pm

I've seen registrars deploy this clause in the USA as well and even up to 60 days. BTW I would not register a domain thru Yahoo either. They use Melbourne too and you will be subject to both Yahoo's and Melbournes litany of terms. I'd stay away from MelbourneIT.... besides, they are so expensive. Go...

Post Posted: April 23rd, 2005, 6:00 pm

People make guns, drugs and anything else dangerous. If you abuse anything problems arise. I know people who keep alcohol & drugs in their home for years and only touch the same 3-4 times a year.

Post Posted: April 17th, 2005, 7:42 am

Perhaps you misunderstood me I suggested you startout by investing a large (5GB+) Reseller/Semi-Dedicated Plan from a fully managed provider. However bigger companies do not necessarily mean better service or security. There are some huge DC's/hosts that will basically sell you a box and leave you h...

Post Posted: April 17th, 2005, 6:59 am

I would stay away from Yahoo hosting and do not buy a domain thru them. Read all of their Terms of Service! Yahoo allows some nasty viruses/worms thru their network. We've been trying to get them to clean up their act for more than six months now. Here's a sample of the crap they still allow to pass...

Post Posted: April 17th, 2005, 4:55 am

If you don't have WHM access you could simply add the subdomain from the end users (your) control panel. Click "Manage SubDomains" then enter the subdomain in the left field. Select the domain you wish to add this subdomain to if it's not already displayed and click the Add button.

Post Posted: April 17th, 2005, 4:48 am

The most common contorl panels are:


You can google them for more info and/or demos from their authors. Upload updates the same way you originally uploaded the site. Overwrite files as necessary.

Post Posted: April 17th, 2005, 4:42 am

The market is saturated. If you are going to enter this arena it is best that you have an established market base. Eg: Webdesigners are very well suited to adding this service. Their customers will need hosting and they are now best suited to filling that need. Anyone without a market base will have...

Post Posted: April 15th, 2005, 6:35 pm

or ftp using the IP they assigned you as host then enter your login credentials.

Upload the site to your public_html directory and then ask yourself why you choose this host and/or if it was worth it ...

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 3:25 pm

You're welcome XOXO.

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:45 am

Wish I had seen this sooner.

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:44 am

Disregard above post.

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:40 am

How do I enter?

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:37 am

If this is a non adult site you could use paypal to accomplish this for approximately 45 countries. If it's adult you will need to look at 3rd party billers eg: Verotel, Epoch etc. the later will also provide you with password management scripts. If you wish to customize a solution check hotscripts....

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:28 am

If this is a *nix based box then this .htaccess tutorial should help. In short you will need to create a .htaccess file in the directory you want to protect. The .htaccess file will define the location of the .htpasswd file which will also store the username and passwords neceassary to access the di...

Post Posted: April 14th, 2005, 4:17 am

Some hosts provide password management absent that you will need to invest in a password management script. Alternatively you could use a 3rd party billing agent that also provides such a script. htaccess Tutorial Robots/spiders that download the entire site may be controlled via robot.txt file. How...

Post Posted: April 11th, 2005, 1:52 pm

I agree that the host should have backups. We provide this to all customers dedicated or not on a weekly basis regardless of whether or not they subscribe to our backup plan. These backups are sent to a secure remote location for the very purpose of Disaster Recovery. If a customer subscribes to our...

Post Posted: April 8th, 2005, 8:16 pm

Quite interesting ... Another interesting fact was someone started a thread here on yesterday the 7th and google had it listed in the top (10) results less than 24 hours later.

Post Posted: April 8th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Try PcMech and remember Google is your friend.

Post Posted: April 4th, 2005, 11:37 pm

I presumed they had access to WHM since they referenced it in their post. Either way I think they got the answer they need. If not they can clarify. This setting can be disabled by checking Disable Suspending accounts that exceed their bandwidth limit (will clear all suspensions is disabled). When y...

Post Posted: April 4th, 2005, 10:38 pm

1GB of space is more than enough starting out. Even if you plan to add major content you should be able to manage on 1GB of space for at least six months. Which leads me to my point regarding scalability. This simply put is the hosts ability to grow with you and hopefully cost effectively. Many peop...

Post Posted: April 4th, 2005, 11:39 am

This setting can be disabled by checking Disable Suspending accounts that exceed their bandwidth limit (will clear all suspensions is disabled). When you reach your bandwidth the default action is to display a 509 (bandwidth exceeded) error whenever someone attempts to access your site. when you rea...

Post Posted: April 4th, 2005, 11:22 am

Minimally you will need the total size of the site multiplied by the number of expected vistors. The later will depend upon how you intend to market the site. If any type of mainstream media advertising is involved then 30GB will not last you more than a day or two. If you have not developed and/or ...

Post Posted: March 30th, 2005, 12:36 am

Let us know if you have any more questions ...

Post Posted: March 29th, 2005, 4:10 pm

The following is a prime example of why you do not want to give someone a subdomain on your brand (domain) name. This unsuspecting host (perhaps they are in on it??) setup a subdomain for " turbo " who in turn went on a Ebay phishing expedition: Return-path: <> Enve...

Post Posted: March 28th, 2005, 10:59 am

Vincent: executables are banned from free hosts for fear of them being viruses. Zip are usually banned to prevent the disguise of unwanted files. Paid hosts will not have these same restrictions. However some paid hosts will have file size, use and type restrictions. Specifically some will not allow...

Post Posted: March 24th, 2005, 5:42 pm

Notwithstanding the fact that one can find plenty of affordable adult hosting in the USA. I do not understand what the following comment has to do with this thread??

aibao wrote:
I would like to bulid ault website,I absolutly can not use my Domestic Hosting,I will use abraod hosting Certainly

Post Posted: March 24th, 2005, 2:34 am

:roll: perhaps it's because they will still be using server resources??? Eg: diskspace and bandwidth.

davidaus wrote:
Why do you have to pay for $5 every month? It should be free if you are using their subdomain :oops:

Post Posted: March 23rd, 2005, 8:55 pm

Some hosts may be unwilling to offer this type of service fearing the end user may sully their reputation or IP space with SPAM or other nefarious actions.

Post Posted: March 20th, 2005, 11:56 am

Certainly not in the USA market.

ATNO/TW wrote:
I don't think you're going to find what you're after with good quality much less than those prices.

Post Posted: March 20th, 2005, 9:37 am

Following your argument, blocking the IP would still be illogical for a SE. All or any of those abusive domains could simply switch hosts and defeat the intended blacklist. Furthermore the abuser could continue to switch hosts everytime they were blacklisted using your theory. Eventually the friggin...

Post Posted: March 18th, 2005, 9:52 am

If we are understanding you correctly webmister CartikaHosting is correct. If your host already offers cPanel then you want to look for the Addon domain link in your control panel.

Post Posted: March 18th, 2005, 9:47 am

The aforementioned are correct.

Post Posted: March 18th, 2005, 9:42 am

... and remember better browsers exist. Eg: Netscape and Firefox both FREE downloads too.

Post Posted: March 18th, 2005, 9:41 am

I agree it makes no difference with respect to your SEO ranking. However I do believe the crawlers will follow the links rather than ignore it. Inbound links and their rank are an integral part of Google page ranks.

Post Posted: March 18th, 2005, 9:32 am

I understand what you are trying to do UBK. I also think your goal is flawed by the likelihood anyone would enter "me work long" as a serach parameter. Barring this probability you will need to develop the phenomenon, fad, craze or whatever you want to call it of searching for this string. Not that ...

Post Posted: March 17th, 2005, 3:21 am

Read this thread

uk webmaster wrote:
Hey guys, we all know the Theories regarding how google devalues links from sites which are hosted on the same class-c ip range. Does anyone have any idea how google treats sites on the same class-A ip range?
  • Sort by

© 1998-2016. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.