Search found 745 matches

Actual Results

Post Posted: November 27th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Yes, see, vast difference between a sketch and a trace. ;) I like the JB better. Nice job. I think you'd do a lot better to remove the hard outlines though.

Post Posted: November 27th, 2012, 4:55 pm

Samuel, I would not be where I am at today if I did not hear the truth, even when I didn't like it. In fact, its the truth we don't like that makes us better as artist. With that said, you have a long way too go. It's traditionally first timer bad. Take that. Feed on it. It'll make you better. Good ...

Post Posted: November 27th, 2012, 4:31 pm

Yes, I believe this is a trace job. You have a lot of hard contour lines very reminiscent of a trace. As a traditional sketch artist my self I wonder why you did not blend them out. Nice coloring job though. :)

Post Posted: November 26th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Is Artrage some sort of tracing program?

Post Posted: November 16th, 2012, 1:17 am

You can do all that in Photoshop.

Post Posted: November 16th, 2012, 1:13 am

Well done. Love the girl. Great attention to detail. Did you draw it using a particular photograph? NOTE: Monochromatic images are done with shades of a single color.

Post Posted: November 16th, 2012, 12:55 am

Thanks Muzik. :) I'll do that. Oh, and thank you Zealous and Gooseman.

Post Posted: November 16th, 2012, 12:43 am

I feel like this is a test. 10,000 hours. That's how long it takes to master a skill. Keep at it.

Post Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 9:57 pm

Lol, thanks Zealous, but Im looking for topic ideas.

Post Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 1:17 am

If I were selling stock photography I would first approach graphic designers and graphic design firms and try to sell directly to them. If I used a third party stock site i would promote my stock business the same as any other service and not strictly rely on the sites popularity.

Post Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 12:52 am

I've long been retired from website development but, if I remember correctly, all you have to is make a link directly to the mp3 file and it should download.

Post Posted: May 23rd, 2012, 12:42 am

I'm wanting to start making video tutorials but I don't know where to begin. I need suggestions for any of the following topics; Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Final Cut, Logos, & General Graphic Design. I'll be posting the video to the Belk Atiya Media Group Facebook Page.

Post Posted: March 8th, 2012, 12:58 am

I will do it with some conditions: 1. I will retain copyrights of my images with an option for you to purchase based on the success of the game. 2. Full credit on current game and future games and or versions based on my character concepts. 3. Royalties from future projects using or based on my conc...

Post Posted: August 1st, 2009, 1:21 am

For professional animation you need maya, 3d max or after effects [ with plug-ins] Simple gif animations can be created using the programs you mentioned, but they are only gif and a bit past it I respectfully disagree. In the ancient times professional animation was done on paper and/or transparenc...

Post Posted: August 1st, 2009, 1:08 am

Awesome, His. Thanks for sharing your process with us. I hope you stick around let us see more of your works. I know I would like to see more. Great concept, love the shadow, lol.

Post Posted: July 18th, 2009, 9:47 pm

Sorry for the delay. Alright, the winner is, *drum roll* MindFullOfScience.

Great job to both participants, MindFullOfScience and ATNO.

Post Posted: July 17th, 2009, 10:14 pm

OMGoodness, I didn't even think about the image here. Sorry. Thanks ATNO. Ok, today is the last day to submit entries and tomorrow there will be a winner. Later, I will post my version of the image and explain how I did it. Thanks for participating. I hope more of you will join in next round.

Post Posted: July 12th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Is it possible to directly capture an image into Photoshop? If so, how?

Post Posted: July 11th, 2009, 5:24 pm

window movie maker is a good choice. Too bad windows is not, lol. I know this post is kind of old but...Adobe After Effects was not created with the idea of actually editing video. Sure, you can figure out ways to do it but it simply not worth the extra trouble. I find it best to have your video fu...

Post Posted: July 10th, 2009, 9:50 pm

Well... Personally I'm a little annoyed that the world has come to consider a highly colored complex graphical image a logo. I know this idea is perpetuated by the web but even awards annuals are filled with objects that look more like my desktop icons than a traditional logo. Maybe I'm hanging on ...

Post Posted: July 10th, 2009, 9:37 pm

OK, it's time to exercise our PhotoShop skills. The challenge for this round is: Evening out skin tone. But, it's not going to be all that easy. The image I am going to post is of a girl (a beautiful girl) with lots of tiny little freckles all over her face. The model was chosen specifically for her...

Post Posted: July 8th, 2009, 4:04 pm

First thoughts upon seeing the flyer; overwhelmed, too busy, all the text lumped together looked crowded and too much to read so I didn't (Im lazy, like most people), did a fine job on using all your white space (j/k not good), leave some room for the eyes to breath and relieve the pressure of readi...

Post Posted: July 8th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Well, I agree, Photoshop is the way to go, always top choice. However, if money is an issue, I believe Paint shop Pro is cheaper, and Gimp is free.

Post Posted: July 8th, 2009, 2:38 pm

Nice, in fact very well done for someone who is new to all things artsy, especially on your shading. How new are you? Of course I could hand you out a list of criticisms but I won't, mainly because I don't have the time not because I am nice, lol. One thing I would like to say is, proportions, learn...

Post Posted: June 10th, 2009, 3:44 am

Niiiiice. I see why they want it. Great job.

Post Posted: June 10th, 2009, 3:18 am

I broke my knee when I was 15/16 somewhere around there.Anyway because of how it was done and the damage that was done it earned me and my doctor a place in a medical journal. After they got me and my dads permission and proper consent form s and such a doctor with a 35mm camera came in and took pic...

Post Posted: June 10th, 2009, 2:59 am

Last month I almost got kicked out of a parking garage. I was there early planning the shoot while I waited for the model. The security guard showed up and asked what I was doing and I explained I was there to do a photo shoot. He was cool about it, said ok, and walked off. 30 minutes later the mode...

Post Posted: June 10th, 2009, 2:32 am

PlutoRocks wrote:
my friend in a photo class was taking pictures of an old building. he was being filmed and, come to find out, it was a government building. He is LITERALLY now on the list of terrorists. LOL


Really, there is a public list of terrorist? :)

Post Posted: June 10th, 2009, 1:54 am

On the Porcelain Doll I used a curves adjustment layer to initially lighten the skin at the same time I used it to darken the hair, then on a new layer set to lighten I used a wide brush opacity about 30% flow to about 10% and proceeded to lighten specific areas on the face; forehead, nose, cheeks,c...

Post Posted: June 10th, 2009, 12:54 am

I use adjustment layers, particularly Hue & Saturation. Specifically, her lips and finger nails I used adjust. layer like so; create adjust layer and select to adjust red hues only, using the hue slider I turned red to purple, pushed the saturation up and the lightness down, next I filled the la...

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Where are you at? I have found that while Photoshop is the standard software in the US, Corel is the standard everywhere else. The world will catch up one day, I don't know what they are thinking. Someone mentioned a Wacom Tablet. Yes, that would be a good buy, and it will greatly help you in your t...

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 9:27 pm

I would go with .png format.

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 9:23 pm

However, if you choose to buy software, I would go with inDesign by Adobe.

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Im a sucker. Alrighty Ben, you got me. I'll do it on one condition. If anyone ask how much you paid, you tell them $1,000,000 US dollars. I'll need an email address from you. Oh, and I wear a size XL (extra large). :)

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Thank you ATNO, most appreciated. Here, I meant to post the before and after for you guys to check out but I was at work.

Image

I hope this will spark some questions, ask away.

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 2:01 pm

I was very surprised to come back and see the same old threads still. I remember when this forum was full of life. So, I decided to add a new thread and I guess I will post some of the last few things I did for you to look at and whatever. http://www.jamesbelk.com/belkmediagroup/images/s...

Post Posted: June 9th, 2009, 1:42 pm

Traditional art classes teach you how to become a better artist, how to problem solve and achieve what you are hoping to accomplish. As well as many other aspects in art, i.e. anatomy, perspective, light, composition, etc. When you can understand and create these things without the use of plug-ins y...

Post Posted: August 26th, 2008, 10:52 am

Great start. I will try and hammer one out today.

Post Posted: August 20th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Nucleo wrote:
sounds all good with me!
Whats the rule for serve return image size?


Let's say 1024px X 768

Post Posted: August 19th, 2008, 3:30 pm

I fancy doing the actual paint idea. Hmmm, wonder what the Mrs. will say. On second thought....

Post Posted: August 19th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Here's the image:

http://www.jamesbelk.com/tennis_images/horses.jpg

Post Posted: August 19th, 2008, 3:16 pm

ATNO/TW wrote:
Actually, if you don't mind Nucleo, when OrigiNO comes back on, I think I'm going to defer my challenge to you. I thought I was going to have some more free time but doesn't look like I will for awhile.


Cool with me. Nucleo?

Post Posted: August 15th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Well done. Looks good.

Post Posted: August 15th, 2008, 3:21 pm

You do amazing work Cel. Love your website, very simple but appealing. Kinda what I was trying to do with mine.

http://jamesbelk.com

Post Posted: August 14th, 2008, 6:00 pm

That is fine. School is just getting back started for me so Monday is perfect. I'll find us an image.

Post Posted: August 14th, 2008, 5:58 pm

Well, Im a lil late. But here goes. I started off light. After this, I will gracefully bow out and answere ATNO's challenge. :)

http://www.jamesbelk.com/images/tennis_ ... 20copy.jpg

Post Posted: August 14th, 2008, 10:35 am

Is it just me, or is everybody posting from the future? I new I should have bought that time machine on e-bay. Uhh, when are we going to get to see some actual tennis matches around here. I am at work but, if nothing is up by 4pm Pacific Time I am going to run interference and post my submission. Th...

Post Posted: August 14th, 2008, 10:16 am

No D, it's not just you. I remember when you joined. it's not as busy in the digital forum as it was back then. The same post have been up for quite a while now, "Jesus Wept", to name one, OMG. People use to constantly submit new art work, or playing tennis, etc. Nucleus, Vladrak, myself, ...

Post Posted: August 10th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I don't care how you interpret definitions. Fact is, you can stand in a shadow but you can stand in a silhouette. Try it if you don't believe.

Post Posted: August 9th, 2008, 2:11 am

Alls good but needs better graphics and/or images.

Post Posted: August 7th, 2008, 8:05 pm

Hello Michelle. If I got this correct you want it to look dark like night time but naturally and not painted? Hmmm, you might try using Adobe After Affects. Or, this will probably be your best option if you have photoshop. You'll need an image of the night with the colors and hues to your desire. Th...

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 10:18 pm

hey that's cool ... Someday soon we'll be able to go to mars and live there in some big-ass dome or something ... If the world was created by the "Big Bang Theory" chances are, that another planet with our exact specifications to sustain "human life" are improbable. Water simple...

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 9:56 pm

I hope that you are aware that even seemingly good pirated apps have been tampered with and contain viruses that go undetected hidden nicely within the app despite virus checking software. So yeah, you got what you paid for.

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Suuuuuckerz, I AM NOT AFFRAID TO SAY IT. I HATE THE NEW OZZU. Yet, my love & respect for it's members, the collective talent, and willingness to help others keeps me coming back. My reason for hating the new OZZU. Because it charges it's members for , stuff that typically should be free. I mean ...

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Well, I've never used Frontpage so, I dont know if there is an automated way to write the necessary script or code for you but, it can be done several ways. More than likely it is java script code you will need. But you could also use an IFrame, Layers, or Flash. You could look here and see if you c...

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 7:49 pm

I give you 8 out of ten points for using CSS to layout your site. However, minus 2 points for not linking to an external CSS. Of course you could use some design tips. And you might want to rethink your font selection.

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Wow Geetika, that is kinda of broad. You might want to ask a more specific questioned for help. Time usually does not permit someone to hold a class here. What exactly are you looking to do for your websites?

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 7:19 pm

Try http://www.hotscripts.com

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Ummm, if you dont know how to draw, I would say that worrying about what software you need to make an actual animation is the least of your problems. You need to go to school and learn the basics of drawing, period. Good luck.

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 6:42 pm

I can't believe only one other person here can do something like that. regardless of how that particular image was created it can be done several ways, but will require time, effort, and skill. More than likely some kind of reference image was used, but not necessarily traced.

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 6:29 pm

SB wrote:
hFry wrote:
all i have to say is .torrent


No conversations here on ozzu about torrents or p2p software please.


That is right. However, you cant unring a bell. I'd look into what has been mentioned because you will not find it for sale anywhere.


Wow, 7?

Post Posted: August 6th, 2008, 5:38 pm

If it was created by light & shadows why not. Now don't go everyone and post silhouettes though! No, no, not fair. If you allow 1 silhouette as a shadow then all silhouettes must qualify. I think someone already said this but, a silhouette is an actual object whereas a shadow is is a projected ...

Post Posted: April 1st, 2008, 12:01 pm

I have been waiting for this forum for a long time, and now I have nothing to post.

http://www.myspace.com/darkdaylightfilms

Post Posted: April 1st, 2008, 11:55 am

A cheaper and easier way to do it would be to do like Digital Media said but you don't need composite glass or any ohter special effects, if you have good sound effects. Some slow motion tehniques can make things look more intense than what they actually are, too. You don't necessarily have to show ...

Post Posted: December 13th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Dito.

"Your not a genius until you do something crazy."- Me, I said that

Post Posted: December 13th, 2007, 7:53 pm

I tested at 165 online and 152 in my Psychology class after arguing with my teacher. However I believe all I.Q. test are biased towards artist. Whereas we are all taught basic mathmatics and problem solving the portion of the test where you have too match and put shapes together and recogized patter...

Post Posted: December 13th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Well, if you planned it then your off to a better start than I was. I have 4, not a one was planned. Children are a blessing but if fatherhood was easy there would be no child support laws. I am both happy for you and sad because you chose to end your childhood so early. No more fun and games, your ...

Post Posted: December 13th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Guilty by association. You say you stopped your daughter from playing with the little girl becuase she's mean. Without condoning the other lil girls actions it could be because she is in defensive mode caused by other children possibley teasing her, racially or otherwise. If your daughter is friends...

Post Posted: December 13th, 2007, 5:27 pm

I think the original is scarrier,lol. Nice work

Post Posted: December 13th, 2007, 5:22 pm

I didn't download the .fla but I am guessing you are loading an external xml, html, or text file for your resume. Once you load the external file it is going to stay there. What you need to do is tell it to unload the file when any of the other buttons are pressed. Your problem can be solved simpley...

Post Posted: October 12th, 2007, 11:45 pm

I still use CS2 but I have heard there are more options for doing photo work.

Post Posted: October 12th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Is there some new Flash Player Plug-in that I don't know about? I have had the Flash Player Plug-in 9 for some time, so I know it works. However, recently I have gone to some websites, CNN.com, and I was unable to watch a video clip because it could not detect my plug-in. Anyone else have this probl...

Post Posted: October 7th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Thank you all for your input. I will take your advice and let you know how it turns out.

Post Posted: October 5th, 2007, 5:21 pm

I got 191

A6= 97+2(47)= 191

Post Posted: October 4th, 2007, 6:37 pm

I think the best bet would be to create a pdf form and it will do exactly what you are asking. We created certificates in my Multi Media class for some high school competition. We created the form over the certificate design and all you had to do was fill out the form and print the certificate.

Post Posted: October 4th, 2007, 6:32 pm

Illustrator. Personally, I use FreeHand but I don't believe they make that anymore. You could probrably buy the last version of it somewhere. It's cheaper than Illustator. Any vector based program will do for creating logos. You can also do vector work in Photoshop.

Post Posted: October 4th, 2007, 5:53 pm

I've learned the easiest way to do myspace is to cover up there template with a layer then design what you want. Thats what I did. http://www.myspace.com/originno

Post Posted: October 3rd, 2007, 1:38 pm

Here's what I am wanting to do. When you put my cd-rom in I want it to NOT open the standard finder window but instead open a customized window with a background image and no borders.

Post Posted: October 1st, 2007, 12:01 am

hi there, help me to go around this problem, am trying to connect to the db n am getting a connection error. You would get help faster if you start your own thread in the website forum. USPB, are there any ugly girls in the Philippines? There are a lot of Filipino girls here in California and I hav...

Post Posted: September 30th, 2007, 11:52 pm

From my experiences in the past, Flash (.swf) do not take kindly to stuff be placed over it. I think your first suggestion would work best, but, the movieclip should load an external image so that it can be changed without having to update the .swf.

Post Posted: September 30th, 2007, 11:01 pm

Ok, I know how to make a hybrid cd-rom. What I want to know is, how do I make it autostart with a borderless window with my own design. For example when you start up Photoshop that lil window with the brand name, logo, and designer credits opens up on your desktop. How is that done?

Post Posted: September 28th, 2007, 12:16 am

Needs work.

Post Posted: September 28th, 2007, 12:15 am

Bogey wrote:
What is the most recent release of Photoshop? There are so much of Photoshop I hear about it's crazy

Photoshop CS3

I even heard of Photoshop 9 (I think)


Photoshop 9 is actually older than the CS2. CS2 is Photoshop 11.

Post Posted: September 23rd, 2007, 6:03 pm

Yes, you can do that. Look for "posterize" under edit, I believe.

Post Posted: September 20th, 2007, 9:10 pm

I wouldn't doubt that. In the end it all probrably ends up being a decision left up to the judges discretion and who could afford the better lawyer(s). We have a saying out here in Cali. "You can sue anybody for anything. Winning is left up to the accountants."

Post Posted: September 20th, 2007, 2:59 pm

I agree with Steven D. I think there is an issue. I believe we covered this in a "Ethics in Computer Science" course I took at OSU. Companies that have a worldwide brand name such as renowned as NIKE do have some sort of legal protection over their name. I too can't remember the specifics...

Post Posted: September 20th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Good writers. Interesting Topics.

Post Posted: September 20th, 2007, 2:45 pm

spork wrote:
I don't think he mentioned anything about a navbar...


Your right. I assumed. I didn't see a point in puting a strikethrough on plain text so I automatically thought he wanted this for navigation.

Post Posted: September 20th, 2007, 3:31 am

rocco wrote:
what do you think a domain name like http://www.newwebdomain.com would sell for ?


Are you talking about the website or the domain name. The domain name would probrably sell for nothing. The site, depends on how much revenue it's pulling in monthly.

Post Posted: September 19th, 2007, 1:39 pm

Might try building the navbar out of Flash or Fireworks.

Post Posted: September 19th, 2007, 1:30 pm

It's optional. But it seems like if you don't pay you will surely lose your item. It's almost like parcel extortion.

Post Posted: September 19th, 2007, 1:26 pm

WTF! Recently, something I was expecting to recieve via US Postal Service, was lost in transit. This was not the first time this has happened. I have sent several things via USPS and have had some items lost as well. It seems to be happening more and more lately and it's all due to what they call, &...

Post Posted: September 18th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Quite a few of here know how to create professional web templates. Are you looking for assistance, tutorials, or what?

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 11:37 pm

It's Latin for "How do you make an idiot spend all his time online."

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 11:29 pm

joebert wrote:
Thayk wrote:
would that mean "Every Generalization is False"?


Generally speaking ?


I generally believe that generalizations are falsly generalized.

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 11:19 pm

righteous_trespasser wrote:
that's pretty cool actually, there are many people who live their whole lives in debt ...


Thanks Righteous, you didn't have to tell my business to everybody.

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 11:17 pm

I quit smoking a lil over a year ago, well, cigarettes that is. :) I too have gain some weight and instead of lighten up because I was to lazy to cook, I eat. Damn, I had forgot how much better food taste when you have the full use of your taste buds. About the ban, I think it is a very blatanant in...

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 10:12 pm

Actually I dont believe domain ame registration violates any current copyright laws. If I was to register Nike.com right now there would be nothing Nike could do except buy it from me. The reason being, is that words themselves can not be copyrighted, it has to be linked to a definition so to speak,...

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 10:01 pm

$40 is a good rate compared to others. However, there are a lot of good designers that will charge a flat rate also. Personally, I dont trust paying by the hour unless the person was sitting right in front of me so I caould see how much time was actually spent on my project. How do you monitor that ...

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 9:48 pm

I'm sure Apple actively refuses to help people based on color. Hmmm, I would not put it passed any compny to discriminate over color. However, I have come to learn that generally discrimination is not company policy and therefor lies souly with the person in charge to do so. Apple, discrimitive, pr...

Post Posted: September 17th, 2007, 9:35 pm

I bought a 8.0 Megapixel SLR from Olympus for about that price a year or so ago. Checkout http://shopper.cnet.com/

Post Posted: September 10th, 2007, 1:22 am

Without this site I would not kow as much as I do about web design or flash. I appeciate the maturity and professionalism of all the members here, which is kinda of unusual to find at a forum. Most forums have a bunch of wise asses that know very little and the rest would rather make fun of your lac...

Post Posted: September 8th, 2007, 9:28 pm

I agree ... It was to me ... perfect ... just the way it was/is ... I agree with you there. It lets the viewer wonder how the end of the 3:1 fight will be. After seeing the Spartans fight you could imagine who would win. It seemed unfinished but it had a cymbal crash. The Greek cities were reduced ...

Post Posted: September 7th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Haha, congrats man. Moving out of the parents place is a great feeling! Just make sure if you're moving in with a roommate it's someone you can live with. It don't matter 'cause in the end you won't be able to live with them either and you'll wish you had a place all to yourself. Unless, your that ...

Post Posted: September 7th, 2007, 3:44 pm

True, the new iPod look is not all that creative, but the as an invention it is. And...The iPhone is one of the few inventions that live up to the Jetson like future we were "supposed" to have by this time. Unfortunaley I have a Flinstone salary so I can't afford either. :) As for Steve, &...

Post Posted: September 6th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Oh WOW, I think you have other things to worry about far greater than traffic flow to your site. :)

Post Posted: September 6th, 2007, 2:19 pm

Oakland Raiders

Post Posted: September 6th, 2007, 2:01 am

You spend way too much time online.

Post Posted: September 5th, 2007, 2:18 pm

http://www.morgueFile.com

Post Posted: September 5th, 2007, 12:10 am

Well, if you want to know what's really "HOT" for the industry you will want to get started with Flash(ActionScript), Flex, and AJAX. Because Flash doesn't do back end work you will need to know PHP and/or ASP. XML will be good to know as well.

Post Posted: September 5th, 2007, 12:04 am

The guy makes a very invalid point. True, the web does deliver more crap than any other media. But the point he makes that society can't destinguish a creditable source from what is posted at joeschmo.blogger is a blatant falsehood. A mojority of the masses know that if you want to read real news yo...

Post Posted: September 4th, 2007, 12:35 am

kwiatek wrote:
OriginNO_II wrote:
I spend approximately 25-28 hours a day, online.

how nice) one day lasts 24 hours, how u can spend more) :lol:


It's amazing what you can do with actionScript.

Post Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 10:30 pm

Graphics suck.

Post Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 10:19 pm

That thing cannot fit in any suitcase I own. By the looks of it I don't think I could afford the electric bill.

Post Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 10:08 pm

Awesome photos and props to the make up artist, especially on that second set of lips.

Post Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 10:05 pm

It did not work in any of the 5 browsers I normally use (Safari, FF, Opera, Mozilla, & Camino). Finally I had to bite the bullet and dust off my IE 5.2 and try it that way and guess what...It didn't work there either. Oh, and in case your wondering why I have IE 5.2, it's because that is the las...

Post Posted: September 2nd, 2007, 11:19 am

It's way to slow with not enough going on.

Post Posted: August 31st, 2007, 1:08 pm

1 Fish 2 Fish...

Post Posted: August 31st, 2007, 12:28 am

I smell a spam loop hole. That site needs a lot of work. It is all over the place.

Post Posted: August 31st, 2007, 12:24 am

The header is great but I think it took to long o load. The layout is clean. The background of the body could be a different color. Navigation, just a tad amatuerish.

I would have to say I dont know if a website can be too blue if it is done right.

Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10

Post Posted: August 31st, 2007, 12:05 am

Thank you both G & Spork.

Post Posted: August 30th, 2007, 11:58 pm

You should have posted this in the digital Art/ Photo forum but... In Photoshop it can be done several ways depending on what you mean by lighten. If the picture is too dark because of shadowing you can lighten the image by adjusting the Shadows/Highlight If the picture is too dark because of contra...

Post Posted: August 30th, 2007, 11:52 pm

Could someone point me to resources with info on reading and implementing XML into ActionScript (flash) applications. I don't mean you should just make a google search on "Read XML in ActionScript". Also, what is your favourite XML editor and why? I tryied XMLSpy but there are some major ...

Post Posted: August 30th, 2007, 9:55 pm

What?

Yah uuuum, thats not irony.

Post Posted: August 30th, 2007, 9:52 pm

How to SEO your Flash Website

http://www.jehochman.com/articles/seo-friendly-flash.shtml

Post Posted: August 30th, 2007, 9:41 pm

To rotate the movie into a horizontal position you are going to need some kind of video editing app. such as Adobe After Effects or Final Cut pro. Oh, you could do it in Flash also.

Post Posted: August 30th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Not too harsh he say's. Please, the way you lined everything up perfectly, used just the right amount of color, and left plenty of white space so not to clutter up your pages is just sickening. How dare you do a wonderful job and not leave any room for criticism. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Post Posted: August 29th, 2007, 11:54 pm

You know a site is bad when no one can even tell you where to start to make it better.

Here's a term I must pull out of retirement from my childhood, if you know it, shout it with me,

"DO OVER!"

Post Posted: August 29th, 2007, 11:49 pm

There were better cartoons than Warner Bros. even in the 50s and early 60s. Dudley Dooright, Sherman And Peabody, Boris And Natasha, just to name a few. The term "classic" doesn't mean it was good. Gone With The Wind and It's A Wonderful Life are so called classics and both of them sucked...

Post Posted: August 29th, 2007, 11:40 pm

Lol great. It went as my desktop background and I find something else ironic with this thread. At least I think it's ironic. Was that ship digitally drawn there? Or is it a photograph? Well, after a quick lil search, the image is appearently real. However, the story behind it is false. http://u...

Post Posted: August 29th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Wow, I didn't think websites like that existed any more. Thats aweful. It looks like one of my first sites, lol. If they had websites in 82' it would still look out dated. Truthfully, I smelled a potential client, but I won't do that to ya, right now. If in a couple of months that site has not chang...

Post Posted: August 29th, 2007, 12:14 pm

See, and thats why an external CSS is important. Take note ladies and gentlemen, this is a prime example.

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 10:53 pm

The site is very drab. Needs color. Counters, they are out. I understand needing to keep a count of how many visitors view your site but it does not need to be visible on your site. Most hosting account come with webalizer or othr stat trackers for admin purposes. If you plan on renting ad space on ...

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 1:29 pm

The original poster only mentioned saturday morning cartoons but if you include current prime time animation, the cartoons are much better today than tweetie bird, buggs bunny and the rest of the 50s TV collection. You got to be kidding me. Those are classics Warner Brother are the true kings of ca...

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 1:12 pm

I found 8. But IM guessing the differences in color and texture probrably dont count.

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 1:05 pm

It depends on how you plan on creating the aniamtion. Is it done already (pencil or another medium) or are you asking what app you should use to create your animation? If it's already done and you just want to know what app you should use to put your animation together and convert it to a final form...

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 12:55 pm

you should be able to remove the border with this
Code: [ Select ]
setStyles.TreeInstanceName ("borderStyles", none);

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 12:31 pm

Ive done what you are asking. Im busy at the moment and dont have time to write you an actual tutorial so, this is going to be brief and I am going to assume you have a good knowledge of flash. First thumbnail movie clip needs to have a masked layer so it only appears where you want it. Track mouse ...

Post Posted: August 28th, 2007, 2:41 am

What do I think makes the best template, hmmm? Well, I am a designer so I believe first the design is the most important. The term eye candy comes to mind when I think of a template design. When a client shops for a template they purchase what appeals to eye more often. Next is simplicity. It should...

Post Posted: August 25th, 2007, 11:03 pm

They don't make cartoons like they used to, Especially for Saturdays, it's a shame. Anyway I'd have to say, the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Hour in paticularly Marvin the Martian and the Road Runner bits. Also, Animaniacs (especially the Good Feathers), G.I Joe, and the Transformers (the "original&qu...

Post Posted: August 23rd, 2007, 11:01 pm

I spend approximately 25-28 hours a day, online.

Post Posted: August 23rd, 2007, 10:57 pm

Hmmmm, maybe I should've read all the post befor I ran outside in my boxers and a digital camera only to discover it was a moonless night. Thanks ATNO.

Post Posted: August 23rd, 2007, 10:42 pm

*Bowing* Your the man.

Post Posted: August 23rd, 2007, 5:31 pm

Super looks good. Unfortunaely, it's for Windows only. I forgot to make that clear. I need a Mac friendly app. I appreciate the effort Murcie. Thanks

Post Posted: August 23rd, 2007, 8:44 am

Have you guys heard of Switch? It a sound file converter. It can covert any sound file to another sound file. Anyway, there is a video converter just like it but I forgot the name and have been unable to locate it. If any of you know what I am talking about could you please help me. Thank you in adv...

Post Posted: August 22nd, 2007, 8:41 pm

Your request is like asking for a short cut to hell, lol. If you don't get it, you'll soon see. Good luck :)

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 4:17 pm

Oh, well then, I don't know what to tell ya.

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 1:31 pm

No, no, your on the right track with wanting to use div. It's better, less hassel, cleaner, and more efficient. set up your HTML like so: [code] <div id="container"> <div id="header"></div> <div id="sidebar"></div> <div id="mainCont...

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 1:10 pm

Your link is not working of course. If we could see it we could possibly help but your problem is very hard to visualize making it hard to solve.

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 1:00 pm

Yauuup, I could do the same. Please email me so we can discuss the project in detail. Thank you,

webmaster@originno.net

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 10:47 am

What are you trying to accomplish with your script. What is prix[ff][f]

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 10:46 am

Your right, that will not work. I thought you just wanted to know how to make your variable show in a text box.

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 10:42 am

You need to place that code inside the actionScript window. Make sure you have selected the button. The script is actually applied to the button and not to a frame.

Post Posted: August 21st, 2007, 12:24 am

Try it. See which way works best for you.

Post Posted: August 20th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Why would you need to test your skill level for college?

Post Posted: August 20th, 2007, 1:25 pm

Code: [ Select ]
variable = "prix[0][1]";

Post Posted: August 20th, 2007, 1:14 am

Site looks good as is dont change a thing, except, one small suggestion. It's justified to the right of the screen. I think it would look much nicer if it were centered.

Post Posted: August 20th, 2007, 1:08 am

Well I am going to assume you know how to create a form using simple HTML so, all you really need it the form processor. Here ya go. Copy and paste the following code in to your text editor and save as; mailprocessor.php [code]<? $name = $_POST['name']; $company = $_POST['company']...

Post Posted: August 20th, 2007, 12:57 am

No, no, I think he wants graphics embedded within his emails. Scoreit4, I haven't done anything like that in a vey long time. However, way back when I used to have AOL all I would do is simpley use HTML tags in the email. All your images have to be stored on a server (hosting account) and your good ...

Post Posted: August 20th, 2007, 12:46 am

Wow, if you don't understand Flash/ Actionscript (the programming language for Flash) you will have the most difficult time trying to build something that involved. You would at least need intermediate knowledge. Now that I think about it. This might even be an advanced project as it would call the ...

Post Posted: August 19th, 2007, 9:59 pm

http://www.phpBB.com

Post Posted: August 19th, 2007, 3:28 pm

You can't do it, unless, you have the Flash Application. The banner has to be programmed internally to link to an address. As you have already found out, trying to link it like you would a jpg just will not work. Here's the actionScript you'll need to link the banner. Add this to the button. [code] ...

Post Posted: August 18th, 2007, 10:33 am

Bogey wrote:

I'm glad I never met a Carpet Brown Spiders. From what I hear from your description, Black Widow sounds more pleasing then the Carpet Brown Spiders :)

What are Jumping Ants?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_ant

Post Posted: August 17th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Thats what Podcast are for and iTunes will let you broadcast for free. I dont think you can get better than that. Get that set up and it's all about promotion.

Post Posted: August 17th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Here in California we are no strangers to spiders. Although I have had my share of encounters with Black Widows and Turantulas none are more feared than the infamous carpet brown spiders. The carpet brown spiders if you dont know get there nickname from their ability to always match the standard bro...

Post Posted: August 17th, 2007, 9:51 pm

The return of Nucleo. Welcome back to the land of the living. I was beginning to think you moved to another planet.

Oh yah, what Nucleo said, I agree. Sounds like it should work.

Post Posted: August 15th, 2007, 7:19 pm

You code is really confusing so it makes it hard to spot your problem. However, I did nptice you have a few <p> (paragraph tags) without closure (</p>). For the time being, try removing all the <p> tags and see what happens. Also, you can't have divs in side a <p>, that is mo...

Post Posted: August 14th, 2007, 11:49 pm

matt@aylist wrote:
Many thanks thats wicked! your a legend! Cheers

Did you fix the problem? I still dont see a border around the content. I am viewing it on Mac OS X Safari and Firefox. Still, I have to say it looks nice even without the border.

Post Posted: August 14th, 2007, 11:43 pm

Bogey wrote:
Well, for a start you can start learning CSS and HTML.


If you want to build something like myspace I would say you need to start with a backend language like php or asp, immediately without deviation. Learn the hard stuff first I always say. Good luck :)

Post Posted: August 14th, 2007, 11:39 pm

Everything looks fine here. Im on a Mac running OS X and I checked in Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Mozilla browsers. My suggestion is to not beat yourself up over the issue. I know from personal experience that almost no site works 100% on every computer giving the thousands of combinations concernin...

Post Posted: August 12th, 2007, 9:40 pm

Well, what was your problem and how did you (they) solve it?

Post Posted: August 12th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Isn't that almost identical to what I posted? :? Yes, but a lil easier than adding the class to the link(s). Plus, now he knows that he can apply styles to specific divs. Theres more than one way to skin a cat. It's best to know them all so you can decided for yourself what is best for you.

Post Posted: August 12th, 2007, 1:34 am

Im on a Mac. There are some Mac issues you may come across like, not seeing in IE. Internet Explorer does not work well with us and the last version made for Mac is IE 5.2. However, us Maccies can build outstanding sites perfectly viewed in Safari and Firefox and all Mozilla based browsers, which is...

Post Posted: August 12th, 2007, 1:22 am

The easiest way it be specific, like so; [code] a:link { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; } a:visited { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;...

Post Posted: August 12th, 2007, 1:16 am

Frames are old school. You really dont want to use them, ask around. I would suggest using divs or layers, even an iframe but not a frameset. Please, not a frameset.

Post Posted: August 12th, 2007, 12:54 am

befor we can help, we have to know what you are trying to accomplish. I looked at your site, it's f#¬Ęt up. :) I am assuming that your problem is that you want to use percentages for your columns so that the site expands and contracts according to screen size but you can't maintain the integrity of t...

Post Posted: August 10th, 2007, 5:55 pm

Congrats Psynergy. Nice pic.

Post Posted: August 10th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Thank you everyone. :)

Yeah! I finally won one.

Post Posted: August 8th, 2007, 2:32 am

I had the same problem but, when I selected the 16 bit option the 32 bit became available. For some reason PS does not allow to jump from 8 bit to 32 bit. Go figure. :?:

Post Posted: August 7th, 2007, 1:01 am

routhu wrote:
Use this in css

#theDiv {
-moz-opacity:0.9;filter:alpha(opacity=90);}


You really don't want to go that route. It will make your site very slow. You would be better off using a transparent .png as the background of your div(s).

Post Posted: August 4th, 2007, 11:56 pm

If you have Dreamweaver you can do it. You build a template page and any changes you make it will automatically update all the pages in your website.

Post Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 9:16 pm

What?

Post Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 3:41 pm

In the View Options select to view it in Print Size. Thats what it is going to look like. If it's blurred, interpolated, pixelated, etc. thats what you're going to get.

Post Posted: August 2nd, 2007, 11:22 am

I wouldn't include the text as part of the logo, kinda defeats the purpose. It's a nice though. I like it. :)

Post Posted: August 1st, 2007, 11:52 pm

I voted that it is a good idea because it's been done and it works. However, because it's been done it will make it more dufficult to be a success because of the already established competition. To actually get it off the ground you will have to have a lot of bands already willing to participate and...

Post Posted: August 1st, 2007, 11:44 pm

Code: [ Select ]
<a href="mailto:emailAdressHere">emailAdressHere</a>


I can't imagin how you could build a website and not know the simple mailto tag, lol. :)

Post Posted: August 1st, 2007, 2:53 am

Well I dont know how others do it but here's how I do. First lets start with creating the script for loading and going to the next scene upon complettion: [code] // math formula for converting bytes into kb and finding the percentage between loaded and total a = getBytesLoaded(); b = getByte...

Post Posted: July 30th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Here's me :)

Image

Post Posted: July 30th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Heres a picture I took about this time a year ago while on vacation at the Sequoia National Park in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Image

Post Posted: July 30th, 2007, 4:23 pm

You can not edit any of the actionscript from an .swf. You need to have the .fla used to create the flash file you opened.

Post Posted: July 25th, 2007, 10:46 pm

Well, looky there. Learn something new everyday. Thanks IceCold I am going to have to explore this new information.

Post Posted: July 25th, 2007, 6:10 pm

Thanks Classified. That PDF had the answer. I appreciate that greatly.

Post Posted: July 25th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Im not sure what you are saying either. But I think you want a movie clip to play on release of a button?
Try this: Create a button and use this
Code: [ Select ]
on (release) {
MC.gotoAndPlay(1);
}
  1. on (release) {
  2. MC.gotoAndPlay(1);
  3. }

Post Posted: July 25th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Hmmm, I am not aware that Flash can install anything. It can open a connection to a database but not so sure about installing.

Post Posted: July 24th, 2007, 1:31 am

Ok, I've been wanting to change the color of the textarea component for some time and finally I got the answere to that.
Code: [ Select ]
instanceName.setStyle("backgroundColor", 0x000000);
Only problem now is that it leaves a gray border around the field and the scrollbar is sti...

Post Posted: July 23rd, 2007, 11:37 am

I use my tablet w/ Cinema 4D. So, I see no reason it wouldn't work in Max.

Post Posted: July 23rd, 2007, 11:32 am

Do you really mean Active Script or did you mean to say Actionscript, the Flash based language?

Post Posted: July 13th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Yah, just a lil over exposed like ATNO said but I like it.

Post Posted: July 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm

I would not fly through, but it's cool.

Post Posted: July 13th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Very interestinging. :)

Post Posted: July 6th, 2007, 12:03 pm

I am a traditional artist as well as digital. Still, I have to say that although just as much creativity goes into a digital piece as one might put into an oil painting, the skill level of doing an oil is higher than that of applying a filter to create visual effects. Anytime you remove or lessen th...

Post Posted: July 4th, 2007, 11:15 am

Are you asking someone to create it for you, or to tell you how? What software do you have available?

Post Posted: July 4th, 2007, 2:10 am

Very nice photos. All this time I always thought Eskimos were of Native American (Indian) descent but now I see they are Asian.

Post Posted: July 2nd, 2007, 1:49 pm

So anyway, here's what I had in mind.

Image

Post Posted: July 2nd, 2007, 12:34 pm

Well, people do judge your business based on the look. It's a natural human response to judge by appearance. Man, if your willing to pay for a new logo, I have one in mind that will do your site more justice and would greatly help in spicing up that header. I will say this, because your name has the...

Post Posted: June 28th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Ok, thanks. It's good to know only my computer is experiencing the problem. Yes, I am useing alpha on the text. I forgot all about that. Thanks Joebert, that was a big help. I will change that immediatly, that is most likely my problem.

Post Posted: June 28th, 2007, 2:17 pm

I am experiencing delayed actions with the navigation on a flash site I built. I just want to know if it's just me or for all users. ashley.originno.net WARNING: The site is rather provacative, NOT PORNOGRAPHIC, but in any case I still ask that you be at least 18 to help me out here. Thanks in advan...

Post Posted: June 28th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Code: [ Select ]
loadMovie ("image.jpg", InstanceNameHere);


I think thats what you want. This piece of script will load an external image into a specific movie clip.

Post Posted: June 27th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Should it have one, hmmmm, yes, but not neccesary. Are they pointless? No. Like Boogie Man said, their point is to help brand the company image and make an impression on the user. It's like the landscaping of a nice restuarant. The food is whats important, but presentation is everything...who eats p...

Post Posted: June 12th, 2007, 5:35 pm

I usually start my design process in photoshop. I lay everything out there, except for text. Most of your images for the design of the site should not be in the actual html but instead in the CSS, eg.
Code: [ Select ]
body {
background-image: url('images/background.jpg');
}
  1. body {
  2. background-image: url('images/background.jpg');
  3. }

Post Posted: June 11th, 2007, 8:50 am

Here is a simple tutorial from my own site:
http://originno.net/simple_flash.htm

Post Posted: June 10th, 2007, 11:28 am

The footer? Befor you worry about that you should figure out why none of the pages work.

Post Posted: June 9th, 2007, 12:47 pm

I wouldn't even allow that many cancelations. After the first it's a non refundable down payment. Allowing anyone to steal your designs and/or ideas three times a month could be pretty lucritive for the suposed client, dont you think?

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 11:36 pm

Im not too sure if I like the gradient on the text. I think a solid color would look better. Or, maybe it's just that the light green is too light on such a thin font. Makes it a little hard to read on a light background.

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 2:25 pm

Dreamweaver is great for teaching you the basics of HTML because the split view of design and code allows you to see what each tag does as you add and/or change them. With a lil time you can go on to coding without the help of Dreamweaver.

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2007, 2:13 pm

lol - yep Orgino, it was quite some waffle :D but then again, glad you're still smileing. I sincerely apologise for any offence, but in your article you describe the attitude of people such as myself as an "ego thing" :shock: :shock: trust me, it isn't. This thread was started by a self-c...

Post Posted: June 1st, 2007, 6:17 pm

Is there anyway to change the background color of the text area component or make it transparent? Also, can the gray border around it be removed?
Thanks in advance.

Post Posted: June 1st, 2007, 4:35 pm

rllunzmann wrote:
sounds like the same to me?


Dito. Link submission would refer to the submitting of a link to a site other than a directory.

Post Posted: June 1st, 2007, 12:56 pm

Wow Prime, said quite a bit. First I would like to say Im kinda hurt, Your calling me an amatuer at best is like an engineer calling an architect an amatuer. Granted, I am no programmer nor have I had any kind of formal training in back-end developement. Where your specialized training sees my code ...

Post Posted: June 1st, 2007, 7:52 am

Yes, and why is the simple solution always the last resort after you pull your hair out? Thanks ATNO.

Post Posted: May 31st, 2007, 10:12 pm

yes, you are going to have to make some adjustments to the HTML and/or CSS in order to position the swf the way you want it.

Post Posted: May 31st, 2007, 5:07 pm

Nevermind, I solved the problem by using the absolute address to the mp3's.

Post Posted: May 31st, 2007, 4:57 pm

I made a mp3 player. Works great everywhere except for when it's embeded in a webpage. Any clues as to why it wont load the mp3's after it's embeded? Thanks in advance Link to page: http://originno.net/home.htm Link to swf: http://www.originno.net/originno_radio/originnoradio...

Post Posted: May 31st, 2007, 4:10 pm

I dont have much time at the moment to thoroughly go through your site and critic it but off hand, your links could do without the white background when you rollover them. I understand that it is there because the red would not show well on the orange. With that being said, I would change the roll o...

Post Posted: May 31st, 2007, 3:59 pm

Welcome to the game. :)

The best advice I can give, which I got from my multi media design teacher is, "Never marry yourself to your design because it's for certain the client is not going to like it." -Craig Polanowski

Post Posted: May 31st, 2007, 7:53 am

http://originno.blogspot.com/2007/05/hand-coding-vs-dreamweaver.html

Post Posted: May 29th, 2007, 7:27 pm

I feel so left out of the loop. I started this post so I can find out whats going on with the new Photoshop CS3. So, if anybody would like to share with me and the rest of us here, tell us the lastest tips, tricks, filters, ect. that you can do or use with CS3 that you can't do in CS2.

Post Posted: May 29th, 2007, 3:02 pm

The best way to center a div is to
Code: [ Select ]
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
  1. margin-right: auto;
  2. margin-left: auto;

Post Posted: May 27th, 2007, 1:01 pm

Nevermind I found a tutorial.

http://www.actionscript.org/resources/articles/571/2/How-to-Load-Data-and-Use-it-From-XML/Page2.html

Post Posted: May 26th, 2007, 6:23 pm

Customers are very hard to please quite often. Mainly because they do not know what can and can not be done on an efficient level. They have a vision and they want to see it accomplished. The best and only thing you can do is do what you were hired to do and do another one (or more) that you think l...

Post Posted: May 26th, 2007, 6:02 pm

I want to import images into my .swf using an external xml file. I have found many tutorials regarding this but they are for creating image galleries. I dont want an image gallery, I just want to learn how to import an image via XML without all the extra hub-bub. I have my xml file set up like so: [...

Post Posted: May 26th, 2007, 9:21 am

Because IE sux and does not play well with others.

Post Posted: May 25th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Truce wrote:
You shouldn't try to disable your user's controls regardless. If you designed something so f****d up that you need to disable your horizontal scroll bar you need to go back to the drawing board and quit trying to hack the browser back to 1995.


Dito.

Post Posted: May 25th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Code: [ Select ]
overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto;


This may not work in IE6.

Post Posted: May 24th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Here ya go I found this.

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/archive/index.php3/t-58604.html

Post Posted: May 24th, 2007, 2:52 pm

I am almost certain flash can open a window to a specific size.

Post Posted: May 24th, 2007, 2:44 pm

Code: [ Select ]
text-align: (left, right, center, justify);

Post Posted: May 21st, 2007, 8:33 am

I haven't used attributes in my html in a long time put it looks like you need a semi colon after each attribute. It should be
Code: [ Select ]
background-repeat: no-repeat; background-align: center;>
For some reason none of that looks right, lol. :) Ummmm, yah, you should do this in css.

Post Posted: May 20th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Just because you can host unlimited domains does not mean you now have the ability to sell hosting packages. Hosting unlimited domains means you can host an unlimited amount of websites but only have access through one control panel or a set up of multiple ftp accounts. In order to sell hosting you ...

Post Posted: May 20th, 2007, 2:51 pm

I would put the content div and the sidebar div in a container div. Set the position of the two divs to relative.

I have encountered others who set the height for the HTML and Body and I think I am completely missing the point as to why it is done. Remove it and see what happens.

Post Posted: May 20th, 2007, 1:29 pm

it's about time.

Post Posted: May 20th, 2007, 1:25 pm

[quote="ace5p1d0r"]What the difference? One is made with tables.. the other CSS :|[/quote Why are you assuming all templates are made with tables? I make templates using HTML & CSS. Spoof is right, what difference does it make. I am sure bogey was looking to be inspired by the design c...

Post Posted: May 19th, 2007, 10:41 am

Anything that removes porn from my computer, is a virus. :)

Post Posted: May 18th, 2007, 2:07 pm

Well, thanks for the info...Now I have to spend another 2 grand.

Post Posted: May 18th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Old thread but still relevant. I'd like to try Adobe Golive, but I got the Production Suite, not the Creative Suite and Golive didn't come with it. Primarily I use Topstyle Pro but if I'm in a hurry I fall back to my old standby HTML Kit. I still use it for most of my code work even though I have b...

Post Posted: May 16th, 2007, 8:40 am

huh, oh, sorry. I was too busy trying to get a closer look at your avatar. :shock: Ok, I'm not too sure on the table layout anymore, it's been a while since I did mine and I scraped their layout long ago (myspace.com/originno). But I think it goes table - containing table, holds everything table tab...

Post Posted: May 16th, 2007, 8:23 am

I noticed no one mentioned adobe go live here. That's what I have (got it for free when I purchased adobe creative suite cs2) and its pretty basic I think, I'm still a beginner but it doesn't seem like one that does really advanced things with web design. What are your thoughts on go live? Since Ad...

Post Posted: May 15th, 2007, 12:26 pm

Here in the US, Wacom is the biggest seller of tablets, aka Wacom Pads. They are a worldwide company but unfortunately they dont seem to have an office based in Australia. I am sure there is a store there that sells them. They don't have any with the demensions you gave for under $150 but they have ...
  • Sort by
 
 

© 1998-2016. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.