Search found 229 matches

Actual Results

Post Posted: October 12th, 2009, 12:34 am

Can any one tell me Are reciprocal links considered spam? Are they counted towards my link popularity? Aren't they ruining the business image of my site? Spam is defined differently by different people. I can only say that Google prohibits the "I'll link to you, if you link to me" arrange...

Post Posted: October 12th, 2009, 12:03 am

My members often ask how to get more pagerank for their sites, so, just curious if some of you would like to share your methods of increasing Google PageRank to your site?

Post Posted: June 20th, 2008, 1:17 am

One of my main websites http://www.eastcoastcyprusvillas.com suffered major ranking drops, because i forwarded a few other domains i own to the main site, is this possible google would penalise me for this? ive now removed the domain forwards, in the hope i get my rankings back. What do...

Post Posted: June 20th, 2008, 12:53 am

You would probably have the same result just using a subdomain. Exactly right JCar. A subdomain is a different domain therefore links from your subdomain would count as external links (because they ARE external). Plus, you can keep your root name in front of visitors eyes. Bompa always keep learning

Post Posted: February 24th, 2008, 5:04 am

Thanks......that was really helpful. How can you be certain? OZZU uses a nofollow tag. So was the advice accurate? or were you just gullible? Hi atno, long time no see. :D Anyways, I hear that not all SEs pay attention to the nofollow attribute. Plus, there might be other sites that find the link a...

Post Posted: February 24th, 2008, 4:49 am

thanx weblaunch....for posting this one.. link baiting is very useful to my site also... is link baiting consider as a blackhat technique? Most people wouldn’t consider link baiting as a legitimate organic tactic because it seem like a black hat technique...Anyone can explain how it happen? Maybe w...

Post Posted: February 24th, 2008, 4:24 am

Well, I liked some of points, but some of them are unrealistic like "Be a comedian". Is it necessary to be a Comedian to get web traffic. I dont think anyone said that being funny is necessary. Humor is a well known linkbait hook and I think humor is one of the best linkbait hooks. Make a...

Post Posted: February 24th, 2008, 2:34 am

This thread is very helpful in the brainstorming sense. I mean, the ideas here can trigger more ideas. I would disagree that RSS submission can cause a problem with duplicate content. The only duplicate content filter that I know of is per query. In other words, if two pages have similar content, on...

Post Posted: February 19th, 2008, 6:03 am

I believe this is part of Google's solution to their "host crowding" problem. Google's "host crowding" is where they list several pages indented under the main page. Usually, there is just one indented, but for some rare queries webmasters were reporting many pages indented below...

Post Posted: July 31st, 2007, 7:06 pm

Submit the home page of your backlinks to Google. But beware that this is a powerful SEO technique Hmm? What good would that do? What is so powerful about that? and the algorithm relcalculation may be black flagged once the new site is demoted in Google. I'm just not following you, maybe I'm having...

Post Posted: January 8th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Managedlinks wrote:
You are making a rather large assumption that disabling the back button is the reason for the change in serps...


I agree with Managedlinks 100% on that point, but to a certain degree,
it's just human nature to make those associations.


Bompa

Post Posted: January 5th, 2006, 7:15 pm

A competing website does some trick whereby when you enter a keyword into google, they appear top (my site number 2), and if you visit their website you cannot later go back to google to see the other search results... Do I understand correctly that the "trick" you are referring to, is on...

Post Posted: December 20th, 2005, 5:01 am

I checked your IP ok we are starting to find stuff there is 57 domains listed for that ip. perhaps the host is causing you problems the domain is listed using an anonymising service so google can't do a whois search. also your whois server activally restricts whois searches to 100 per IP so google ...

Post Posted: December 16th, 2005, 5:09 am

Johan007 wrote:
To clarify new websites have a greyed out PageRank where banned sites have PR0 and do not show up in the SERPS.



No offense, but, that is the exact opposite of what I have always heard
and experienced.

Did I miss something?


Bompa

Post Posted: December 14th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Truce wrote:
To backup my above point, look at the following link:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... lipsis.com



Hey Truce,

We're talking about his other site lolhome.com


:P


Bompa

Post Posted: December 14th, 2005, 1:20 am

First I though delete revisit-after tag becuase your could be telling Google not to spider your site for 4 years. But sorry chap it looks bleeker than that. Well, I don't know. It's my opinion that something other than a ban is keeping Google from indexing alec's site. It could be the revist after ...

Post Posted: December 12th, 2005, 5:01 pm

At first I thought that I was still in the sandbox... The "sandbox" is for certain keywords in certain industries, I doubt "funny images" is one of those industries. My obvious conclusion is that my site is banned. I think you've been led astray or that you have misunderstood what you have been rea...

Post Posted: December 4th, 2005, 4:45 pm

Well, in the offline world, doesn't "very competitive" (market, industry, or niche), usually mean that there is more supply, (vendors), than there is demand, (searchers)? More sellers than buyers. How do we translate "supply" and "demand" into the web? We already know that not every page returned is...

Post Posted: December 3rd, 2005, 5:05 pm

what is a relative or a absolute url guys? An absolute URL is the full name, (or path), of the page on the web, such as, http://yourdomain.com/index.html A relative URL is the name, (or path), of your page in relation to your document root, such as, /index.html or ../index.html Bompa

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 9:12 pm

Hello, More and more often I hear the word "competitive" used to describe keywords. Usually refering to Google's algorithm, penalties, or filters. I am curious how you folks think Google judges the competitiveness of any certain keyword or phrase. Number of results returned for a search? Number of s...

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 8:30 pm

In the sense of SE friendly, I don't think using absolute URLs vs using
relative URLs makes a bit of difference.



Bompa

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 8:27 pm

...I wanted someway in google itself to find my position. for example ; After getting the search results you can search within the results for any term. Some thing like that to find your rank. . The only accurate and reliable method I have found is setting preferences to display 100 results per pag...

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 8:22 pm

vetofunk wrote:
Yep...

example: miserable failure



I tried to optimize my site for 'miserable failure', but I can't seem to
get ranked by Google!!!!

:roll:


Bompa

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 8:17 pm

Hey, If some of you SEOers are as good as you say you are then why are you still optimizing sites for other people and not sitting on a beach with your laptop managing your huge network of online stores?... Isn't this a bit like asking a financial advisor if he's so good at giving finnacial advice,...

Post Posted: December 2nd, 2005, 8:04 pm

i use http://www.linkmarket.net Reciprocol links are not as benificial as they once were, but are still worth having. I think they are good as ever, but that is a hotly debated issue. All the other advice meman gave is good, I'm in full agreement with those tips. One slight drawback with these "clu...

Post Posted: November 30th, 2005, 4:19 am

Greatone wrote:
does this mean that google are already permitting duplicate contents?


Hi greatone, well we were discussing menu links, not content
unless I missed something.


Bompa

Post Posted: November 29th, 2005, 10:04 pm

Thanks Bompa. To confirm your comment, I did in fact "borrow" the idea from a top ranked website. While you're here, do you see any need for a page dedicated to a sitemap? preamp Well, there will be many webmasters that are using Google's sitemap feature that will respond with advice on that. They ...

Post Posted: November 29th, 2005, 4:54 pm

OH, watch out for Google's dupe link filter!!!!!!!


errr...just kidding :lol:


I don't think Google has a problem with that. I have seen many
many top sites with their links in two places on the page.

It makes for easier navigation.


Bompa

Post Posted: November 29th, 2005, 4:35 pm

It would be interesting to know specifically what he meant by "some industries", im assuming he meant sites that have content that use highly competitive keywords and search terms to get traffic? Okay, I'll take a guess also :lol: Since Matt Cutts background is that he authored Google's Safe Search...

Post Posted: November 29th, 2005, 4:22 pm

The sandbox effects have been confirmed by a google engineer. It seems bompa only has a problem with what we call it. Should we call it the "cloud jar", or maybe the "fluff bucket"?. Hi meman, actually "sandbox affect" would be a better term, but what really bothers me is not the name, but the lack...
  • Sort by
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.