about ozzu

• marjune
  • marjune

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is about to ozzu, i'm a student then i have a study about online forums and it requires a related topics so i make a research and i found ozzu as a related topics..
and my question about ozzu are
1.what is this site?
2.porpuse of the site?
3.developers of the site?
4.when and where it was implemented?
5.why it was developed?

thank you!!!!!!!pleas reply
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. http://www.ozzu.com Webmaster Forum
2. Webmasters and Webmasters in training trade resources, learn new ideas, help each other with things their working on.
3. I read it somewhere in here but I don't remember...
4. Ask a mod
5. Guessing it's the same as #2.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A mod is sure to run accost this topic, but if you really want to know about this site you can send a PM to the owner Bigwebmaster
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

a mod has come across this topic.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My shot at it.

1.Webmaster Forum
2.Give a friendly community for people to post comments/suggestions/needed help...
3.phpbb Group, Bigwebmaster, ATNO/TW, Joebert and possibly some others
4.Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:38 pm . Assuming in Seattle, WA and some other places
5.To help others... create a friendly community ... similar to #2

BigWebMaster would be able to provide more accurate information on it.

@SB: lol
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you pretty much have it all bogey in your reply, except number 3. Bigwebmaster is the developer of the site, with some recent coding assistance from Joebert.

And I'll step out of the box and say you all missed number 5. Bigwebmaster is an entrepreneur and self employed. I suspect it was develped for the sole purpose of making money. Sorry to bust anyone's bubble on that one, but Unmelted Enterprises is a business and like any business the purpose is to make money.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Partially right. The sole purpose isn't to make money, but that is one of the driving forces. If Ozzu wasn't profitable it would not be online and I probably wouldn't dedicate the time to do everything I have done to it. Enough income comes from the websites I have developed so that I can support myself and continue working on new ideas to improve the existing websites and start new ones. If the websites I run weren't profitable I would be working for another company and would have much less time to do any of the developing. I love what I do, I love creating websites that others love, but the only way for me to be able to do any of this is to have things profitable (or I will be forced to work elsewhere doing something I don't love, and thus have less time to work on things I do love).

Every now and then I will get a PM or an email from someone thanking me for Ozzu as it has helped them in some way or another. When I get those types of emails it makes me feel good that others have benefited from Ozzu as well. I have actually learned quite a bit myself since I first started Ozzu.

1. Ozzu is a community of webmasters, developers, programmers, designers, artists, etc all helping each other learn and advance their skills. Members post questions, answers, advice, articles, news, and create connections with other members.

2. The purpose of Ozzu is to create an area for members to communicate with each other in a way that numerous people can benefit from the information shared.

3. I am the main developer of the website. Much of the basic backend is from phpBB. Everynow and then a member of ozzu will help with an area as well. For instance Unflux and lostinbeta would be credited with the current Ozzu header. Joebert has helped out with the caching of the statistic areas and the mass PMing system.

4. Ozzu went live at the end of 2002 (exact date and time: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:38 pm PST time). I had actually owned the domain for about a year before that if I recall and did nothing with it. I found ozzu.com in an expired domain list for 4 letter domains and really liked it so I bought it.

5. Ozzu was first developed because I had much interest in the webmaster area. I usually tend to develop websites that I am greatly interested in on the subject matter. This allows me to stay motivated and I honestly believe that is a major factor in having a successful website. By developing something I am interested in it also allows me to learn more about that subject and expand my own knowledge in something I love. Before I started Ozzu I felt one of the best ways to learn was to create a community where everybody could learn from each other (including me). It was also important to me that Ozzu stays profitable. I have never had a website that wasn't profitable -- it would be shut down if I was losing money. Like ATNO/TW said, this is a business and smart business people don't run areas that lose money. Everything I develop has to be paying for itself or the idea gets abandoned.
  • marjune
  • marjune

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the info about uzzo....
i'm f1 fan of ozzu....
  • marjune
  • marjune

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm mr. bigwebmaster, by the way what is your full name?
i need a full name of the developer of ozzu.. thankss

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts