And talking of beginners.

• KayGreen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • KayGreen
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found out what the Internet was for 6 months ago, built myself a website two months ago, joined this site 2 days ago. There's loads in here I want to know more about, but I'm having a huge vocabulary problem. Would it be possible to have a nice, slow-moving bit of the board where people expect answers like 'what does php mean, then?' and 'yes, but where isthe root of my server?'
This relates to the thread about Teaching others - experienced folks could get points for being there without laughing!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you will find that most people on Ozzu wont laugh at anything people post about, we all have different levels of expertise in different areas. I think you'll find most people that sign up to Ozzu are generally visiting to enquire about something. I mean, there are a lot of very intelligent members on Ozzu who came across this site because they had a problem they were having trouble solving.

Regards your suggestion, i agree that there should be something like this around although i do believe something to that effect is going to be developed soon. I could be quite wrong here.
  • KayGreen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • KayGreen

Post 3+ Months Ago

That'd be great. Please don't think I was suggesting anyone was being unhelpful. It's just that if I read a topic I want to learn about, and find I understand neither the questions nor the replies, I don't like to slow it down by going in and asking 16 questions about every posting.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

KayGreen wrote:
That'd be great. Please don't think I was suggesting anyone was being unhelpful. It's just that if I read a topic I want to learn about, and find I understand neither the questions nor the replies, I don't like to slow it down by going in and asking 16 questions about every posting.

i think you should ask all the questions you like, it is the one way you can learn.. but i mean always try and see if you can fine the answer(s) on your own first..
  • KayGreen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • KayGreen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks - I'll try. And of course. Doing is remembering.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like CowKiller said, google your question first or yahoo (what ever you use). But when you do come to ask a question dont word like you are demanding or trying to get someone to do all the work for you. When you come to some project you want to do try it your self. Then if you have any question feel free to ask. Most people wont help you with code unless you procide them with someone to work from. So dont come and ask someone how to make a uploading script for images and expect the script to be given to you. You'll find that people will just give you the steps in creating it or the basic strucher of the script.
  • KayGreen
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • KayGreen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good advice. LIke I said, doing is remembering.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts