AoI Members, ability to create stickies?

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would it be to much of a problem if AoI members were granted the power to create a sticky in their assigned forum to watch, apart from just inside their AoI board? So for example, someone who is in "AoI: Programming" can create a sticky for the Programming forum, etc?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a bad suggestion.
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

AoI would have to be discriminent about how many stickies go into the forums though.

The main thing that should happenis that we should have a forum devoted to AoI tutorials or such, if they're bothered to make them. The would be the best thing because we usually have numerous repeated topics that many of the dedicated members know off by heart by 1-2 months
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My observations.

First of all, there seems to be a distinct lack of participation from AoI staff members, at least in terms of the original intent of the idea. Of course many of the AoI team still post regularly, but there is zero communication going on between staff members in the group forums. In fact, on a couple of occaisions, Bigweb and I have discussed the possibility of ending the program. (not at all what we'd like to do, but what's the point of keeping it, if it's not working to plan?)

Personally, I think the focus of AoI should revert back to the original intent vs. worrying about sticky posts. Brian has always tried to avoid "too many" sticky posts, just for the fact that it sorta clutters the top of a forum page.

In order to accomplish the request, it would take some custom coding to allow that option for AoI staff without giving them the rest of the mod priveleges that go along with it.

On the other hand a very simple solution would be, if a post is worthy and beneficial to be considered "sticky" that should be suggested to the group leader, and the group leader could request a supermod or Bigweb to sticky it.

In the long run, to further your argument, it might be beneficial to explain or describe specifically what posts/types of posts you had in mind to "sticky"
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

would sub topics clean this up a bit?
  • Vincent
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

CowKiller wrote:

Are saying anything along the lines of what i said?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vincent wrote:
CowKiller wrote:

Are saying anything along the lines of what i said?

nope... it would look like this

Webmaster Forum > Suggestions / Comments > Comments

it adds a new level to the site
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah yes, Cowkiller. That would be like the SMF forums and structures.

ATNO/TW, well, I guess one of the main reasons that there isn't much discussion (or none at all) possibly because there really isn't too much to discuss about, at this point in time. Though I do share your view about most of this, I strongly do not really think we should end the AoI program.

There may not be discussion posts in the AoI Forums, but there "are" posts coming from the AoI members in their Assigned Forum.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts