An "Are You Lost" Forum

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about a forum visible only to members to start threads in when they're not sure where to post or whether a subject is allowed ?

The forum listing on the index would be visible only to people who are logged in.

It would be the very first forum on the index. Perhaps a link to it in the rules section of all other forums.

Threads would work just like in the tutorials forums, meaning only moderators and the thread starter would see a thread until it is approved/moved.

Once approved, a moderator would move the thread to the proper category and leave a shadow topic behind.

Possible forum title: "Are you lost ?"

Possible forum description: "Unsure which forum to start your topic in, or whether the topic is allowed? Use this forum to start topics that only you and moderators can see and a moderator will either move it to the proper place, offer suggestions to clean it up, or flat out say no way Jose."

I'm sure it wouldn't be the most popular forum on the site, but I've seen enough people head their topics with disclaimers and notes to moderators that it shouldn't be a completely useless forum.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be completely honest i don't really see what's wrong with the way things are right now.

If this forum was introduced it would most likely join the "Test Forum" in forums i'll never understand.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no opinion on the are you lost forum. I could take it or leave it.

I think the original idea of the test forum was to have a place to post to test signatures and avatars. Admittedly preview post makes that pretty unecessary. However, it has come in handy when Bigweb was troubleshooting problems. I know I've used it a lot with him when he was trying to fix something.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say Joe's idea could help. I was going to post something about networking, due to it involves multiple operating systems, I made some common senses and thought I could not just post a question to Windows, Linux, Macintosh and since it has something related to hardware, I could be posting to four forums at once. As a year plus old forum user of Ozzu, I did not want to appear naive.

Moderators should have the right to manage posts if some users who do not mind to appear naive once in a while, (I am saying me myself for example) -- he / she will have an option to post in 'Are you lost' forum. If you are a new user, you may have excuses using that forum in the short run. I am not judging anyone, at all who is naive. It is me sometimes. I highly appreciate and have high, utmost respects for you moderators who spend your time looking after the forum. Thanks.

I know you care, Joe.

Happy Ozzuing, everybody.

:)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

In addition to my previous post i would like to be a bit more specific to my concerns over the introduction to this forum.

I think it will be abused in the way that anybody who is lazy may just deliberately post in there even though they'd know exactly which forum it could go in. Say for example a member has several issues they'd like to speak about, a post about hardware, a post about programming and post about website design. It would be far easier for them to just post in this forum and leave the moderators to do the moving rather than them going back and forth to the appropriate forum.
  • Angela Brown488
  • Born
  • Born
  • Angela Brown488

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for this wonderful forum, but i 'm feeling lost coz i need to know where to seek reviews and suggesstions about our sites :cry: :cry:
any help please
Moderator Remark: Removed link in post.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Angela we have a Review's Forum for that website-reviews/

Before posting your site for review, you must first give QUALITY reviews of at least three other people's sites. Then you may post your own.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts