Attachements...

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be really great if you can post attachments in Web design forums, Programming forums, possibly website reviews forums as well as in Photography and digital art and drawing forums. Also (most importanly as well) in Windows, Linux, Unix, and other *nix, Mocintosh, and Hardware forums... that would be great than me having to take up extra minutes to host my images...

[EDIT] In Windows people can attach images of their problem easily. Like I need to right now. Same goes for others... Especially photography and digital art as those forums involve the most use of images. This way, you can promote the max size, width, and height of the image. No one would be breaking that rule.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will most likely only allow this for premium members which will be introduced eventually here. The reason I am not too keen to allowing attachments all over the place is because of all of the increased load and bandwidth that will cause Ozzu to have. That is one reason I never installed the attachment mod for ozzu with PHPBB 2.

Keeping it to the tutorial section and the premium membership would keep the bandwidth costs much lower.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have to pay for premium membership? (Not to seem unhappy with what I have right now)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nobody has to pay for premium memberships if they don't want it. We are not going to take anything away from Ozzu for regular members. They will have everything that they had before. Premium memberships are only going to offer extra things like full attachment capibilities, custom titles without the posting number requirement, access to a premium membership forum that only premium members get to participate in, completely ad free forum, etc.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I can't wait! As long as the membership fee's are affordable of course.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps the suggestions/Comments forum could have attachments for all members as well ?
Even if just jpg/gif/etc, in case someone wants to post a screenshot of an issue.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Perhaps the suggestions/Comments forum could have attachments for all members as well ?
Even if just jpg/gif/etc, in case someone wants to post a screenshot of an issue.

Yeah, I think that'd be pretty cool ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
We have to pay for premium membership? (Not to seem unhappy with what I have right now)

I have to admit that that question is kind of stupid. I meant to delete it as soon as I made it but forgot to :|

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts