Voting Chart

Total votes : 8

Do you want the "last posted by" feature in the light theme?

•  
    Yes
  •  
    No, you're crazy!
  •  
    No! I'm stubborn too!

Bogey being stubBORN

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, maybe I was born stubborn or something... but I REALLY MISS "last post by" feature in the light theme in the index. I mean I REALLY miss it and I don't like the dark theme... this is one of those things that irks me and is a lose-lose situation... I ask you to add it, but from my last time... I guess this 5 minutes implementation is too much to ask for these days. (Oh yeah... it's probably a stupid thing that I miss and a stupid thing that irks me and bugs me and annoys me... but yeah... I'm only one man... right?) *sigh*
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

FINE!!! I'M CRAZY!!! AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUU UUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, you are!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
Yeah, you are!

WHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't these the kind of posts that would usually get someone warned/banned/slapped on the wrist around here? Seriously, why all the senseless posts all of a sudden?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't these the kind of posts that would usually get someone warned/banned/slapped on the wrist around here? Seriously, why all the senseless posts all of a sudden?

I'm proving righteous_trespasser in his statement that I am crazy.

I'm waiting... slap me
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

What the? bogey, what's the deal?

Pointless and sort of immature. Rule breaking too, if you want to do these sorts of posts then keep them to PM or Instant Messenger or something like that.

:?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol:

I thought you were a mod SB :scratchhead:
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not in this forum ... So it doesn't show the MOD status ... that's how I understand it ...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can we please keep posting on topic. Otherwise there's no point keeping this post unlocked.
  • vipflux
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vipflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

bogey i have a question for you :D if you are so crazy won't you put my link at your sig?do this like an act of crazyness or how it is said :-?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Promoting your site... I see :lol: sure :drink:

But only one :o
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two things ... The "last post by" imo is not really necessary ... it really shouldn't matter who made the last post, because if you just want to read posts by certain members you won't get all the information you could have gotten ...
and @ vipflux: the signatures have a no-follow to them so you can add as many links as you want and it's not going to increase your pagerank ... just a little note ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The reason I want "last post by" feature is because when I post something in a forum and go away... I'd have my name in the last post by :), not only that, but when someone else replies I see that someone replied to a thread and go there to check if the thread that was replied to was mine or not... this way I waste more time than I used to checking up on my thread avery now and then and miss doing other stuff that I could (my productivity went lower) and I missed some chances whenI could have replied earlier so I could get more replies in one day... get what I mean?

I also mean, it wouldn't take too much programming or scripting or even copying/pasting to add that feature...
  • vipflux
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vipflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

:( thanks a lot bogey.
vipflux: the signatures have a no-follow to them so you can add as many links as you want and it's not going to increase your pagerank ... just a little note ...

why does the sig have a no-follow.what does this means? :( but..
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

It means that when the search engine bots visit Ozzu they don't care about your links in your signature.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey, I know what you're saying, but not sure you'd find it all that useful even if it was there. There are so many posts happening here, that every time I refresh the page which if I'm here working OZZU is every couple minutes, the Last Poster would have changed. The only way to really use it effectively is go to the forum where you made your post and see who last poster was there on the threads themselves.

Maybe it's just me. I just click the "View Unread Posts" and go through them until they are all read anyway. For the non-moderators, you can still use View Unread Posts effectively. Just scan through and read the ones you are interested in, and then mark the rest as read.

In case you didn't know, clicking this image Image on the unread post will take you to the first of the unread posts in the thread. For example if there are three unread replies, it will take you to the earliest of them (vs. taking you to the most recent). Clicking this image Image to the right of the last poster, will take you immediately to the last post of the thread (i.e. the most recent).
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey, have you ever tried checking the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box when making a post ?

When someone replies to the thread, you get an email, & in that email is a link to the new post.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

And I have to check my email every now and then which would make it slower... fine... forget it, just forget it. I wouldn't win I know that... you don't care... whatever.

Never knew it was that hard... sorry... ...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It wouldn't be hard to add, but it was never a question of ease for me. The main reason I didn't add it there was because I put that menu on the right, and because of that there is less room on the page. To support multiple resolutions, especially the smaller ones, having that "last post by" area just takes up too much room and doesn't give much room for the category titles and descriptions (that is if I were to make a column for it).
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can probably have it like LPB [name] or simply [name] after the posts/topics spot...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I were to put that text right next to the category topic and post counts inline, then it would make things more cluttered -- that might be something I could play with though.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it proves too much than just forget it... I'm getting a hang of "View Unread Topics" just one question on it... how do I post ONE topic unread without actually going to it?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to check your emails ?
Don't you have somthing that checks them for you & pops up a little notification somewhere when you have any new ones ? :scratchhead:

That combined with View Unread Posts & I almost never have to look at the forums themselves, just topics.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
if it proves too much than just forget it... I'm getting a hang of "View Unread Topics" just one question on it... how do I post ONE topic unread without actually going to it?

I'm just getting the hang of it :D I actually like the idea... I just wish I can make ONE topic marked read without actually going to it... (I worded the last one incorrectly).

I don't trust programs that check my emails for me... basically because I'm not the only one using this computer... may not be a good idea :)
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My bookmark for Ozzu is the unread posts lol.

I have a gmail account, so my google talk app tells me when I have a new email, also I have my gmail account opened in a tab most of the time.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
My bookmark for Ozzu is the unread posts lol.

:lol: I just remember the URL
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Added alternative that I seriously too many don't take advantage of are the RSS feeds

http://www.ozzu.com/rssfeeds.html

Bet ya 10 to one less than a quarter of the active members even realize they are there.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I knew they were there... I actually used them once... (The period when I was asking for some RSS feeders that feeds right to my screen)... I used GOOGLE desktop but then uninstalled google dektop because of high CPU usage so I didn't use feeds ever since.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts