Broken?

• The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a red icon for unread mesages on this forum(Suggestions / Comments). There's only one problem, I have read all of the messages and they all show the blue icon. I'm just curious to why this is happening.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems to happen occassionaly and trying to figure out why. For now though you can resolve the problem by looking for this text:

"Mark all topics read"

It is usually on the bottom left side of the forum. That will get rid of the red in that forum.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

BWM, I think it has to do with people editing their posts, I am not sure though, but it might be something to look into.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything has worked fine here since I've been coming to this board. I can think of two reasons the problem is happening. The first reason is you hit your "back" button on the browser after reading the post. (I don't think that's the case if all the internal threads show blue.)

The second reason is you are probably using MSIE (some version) and you don't have the internet options set to "Check for newer versions of stored pages everytime". (Tools|Options|General - Temporary internet Files -Settings)
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, ok. I had it set at check for newer version automatically, let's see what the difference is.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never had much success with that automatic setting. I used to have cache probs all the time similar to yours. I don't trust MS to have that one working right. Since I set it to always check I've never had a prob.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts