Bulk PM problem?

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could be assuming the wrong thing here, but whenever i get notifications of new Competitions on the go via the PM system i seem to always get at least 2 of the same message sent to me.

I thought perhaps this might have been a one off, but it has happened quite a few times now and i thought it was only fair i should mention this. I mean, if there are alot of people recieving duplicate PM's sent to them then this can't be good for the bandwidth etc etc of Ozzu.com.

I don't know if anyone is getting duplicates either, so it could be a small problem that probably dosn't need to be looked at in the immediate future.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Already being discussed at the modboard. Seems some got one, some got two, and others got zero.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know of this is related, But i have been getting email notifications to PM's and threads about 3 to 4 days late.

I'll come one day and see a PM alert on the forum, Then days later get the Email notification for it.
I don't know if this would be a problem here or a problem with me email, But other notifications from other boards come straight away.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Meman, usually that happens if there is some kind of connection problem between our mail server and your ISPs mail server. Unless others are having the same problem I really do not think there is much I can do. I think this might be an isolated case.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts