can we add a topic.

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

can we add a topic called "free file of the day" or "free file" and people can add any free programs and they can be reviewed and coments.. it would need to have rules such as download links no copyrighted software (must be free) must have os that it works on and discription... & so on
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think we could descover new and usful programs. kinda like what they have on call for help with there free file of the day. i think that would be a great idea
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The 'not copyrighted' restriction is very silly; the amount of software that is both useful and not copyrighted could be counted on one or two hands.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i mean free software that is useful. the members off ozzu are always giving out software that i have never heard of but can be useful.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well just my comments.
As you mentioned
Quote:
the members of ozzu are always giving out software
so there are scopes already to post software links to the corresponding OS section where anyone can ask for any software and if that doesn't belong to Windows and Unix we can post that to General Discussion.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

but if is all in one place it can be looked up by the discription. and we can alwasy look at the new poats for some new intresting software
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to create this, I propose you start a new thread in the Windows or Linux forum. If it seems to start taking off and getting a lot of views, we could sticky it.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

the problem there is that each thing of software would need its own topic
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why? Just call it something like "Ozzu members' software recommendations" or "Our favourite software" or "Must-click downloads" or.. well, you get the idea. =]
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

or free files
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

or, give up? :wink:
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

or "CLICK HERE OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES"
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I held off on replying further to see responses, but I think Sam summed up my thoughts and why I asked my original "Why"
Sam Hughes wrote:
The 'not copyrighted' restriction is very silly; the amount of software that is both useful and not copyrighted could be counted on one or two hands.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I held off on replying further to see responses, but I think Sam summed up my thoughts and why I asked my original "Why"
Sam Hughes wrote:

i mean copyrighted as in dreamweaver, photoshop so on.

any free/3, 10, 30. ect. days free software could be listed. i think it would be useful and maybe you dont see it the way i do..
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

I think "Why not?" would be the question :wink: :lol:
But speaking seriously, I am neutral.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the mods have it right. The question is "why," not "why not." Not to get caught up in semantics (well okay, maybe just a teensy bit), but with the "why not" approach, we could start suggesting forums to be added willy-nilly! Why not a forum on car detailing? Three-headed purple thingamabobs? etc. Ozzu is a webmaster forum, and the mods are right to try to keep it focused, without too much splintering of interests. I like that there seems to be a pretty rigourous process in place to determine whether a new feature (phpBB mod, skin, forum, whatever) really has a place here before it's added. Honestly, I think that change is usually for the better, but if Ozzu deteriorated into something that tried to be all things to all people, I'd quickly head for the exit.

[Cowkiller, this is not to imply that your request would propel Ozzu in that direction, just sort of a general argument for why there should be sufficient justification before something new is added.]

- Gita
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most excellently stated justG.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i can see where there would be problems... the only answer would be open source rather than "not copyrighted"
or maybe reviewing of software = no toes trodden on :D lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts