A Challenge Section.

• CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: St. Louis MO. USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought it be cool if we had a like a challenge forum. A place where mods or who ever can post like a mock project in various areas of what this forum includes, weather it be actions script php, graphic design, flash. Come up with a some what small mock project in different areas and let us work on solving them.

I think this would be a good way for the expert to challenge us learners and help us learn stuff on the way. An Idea how it would work, someone post a project with the spects and what It needs to do. Maybe gives some tips and to help get us started. Then those interested in trying go try to complete and upload our results on our own server, web pages, etc. Then after so many weeks or what ever time the poster of the project thinks it should take they revel the way they did or what ever. Or something along that line.

Just an idea I had I think it would help a lot with people like my self that want to learn new things, and at the same time might good way for some of us to pad our portfolios. Any ways thats my idea :D
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I post challenges all the time. :D

For instance I still don't have a concrete solution to this one.
  • CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol well yes we all have challenge when we ask a question on here for others help. I was looking more of real life scenerio projects say post fictatious hard ass client wants this design for a website in 3 days etc. More along the lines to as to give us something to challenge our skills and help us improve, and give us stuff to maybe add to a portfolio.

Something that we can work on from start to finish. But I did notice the competetion section after I made this post so I guess thats sorta what I was looking for but lot of that had graphic stuff and well I guess it was for competition. I'm looking for something that its not so much who did the best work so to speak but more or less see how everyone who attempts the challenges completed it. If that makes any sense. I dont know im in one of my crazy thinking moods today lol so be warned.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

This sounds more of less like the competitions forum - with more stuff. For now it's mostly photo/digital stuff, but that's only because that's where the current faculty can participate.
  • CStrauss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I found the competitions forum after I made the orignal post, but after checking it out I noticed what you mentioned it was photo/digital stuff, which is a good idea to I probably particpate in that someday as well.

I was just thinking something not so competive, just something diffrent. lol its late i cant think to straight right now. Any how I threw it out there for all to expand on and see what ideas get tossed around.

I dont maybe something to throw out real life situtions or soemthing we might come across to help us keep our skills sharp. Anyways thats my thinking on the subject :D
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think if we had more competitions that were less win/lose based but simply based on different ways to do things it might be neat. For example if we had programming challenges, you could do least lines of code, most interesting way of accomplishing something, etc.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts