competition polls

• psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

for the voting in the competition forum im not exactly sure how it works....but most of the time if someone had any intention of winning wouldnt they vote for themselves?
im just suggesting...it would be nice to enforce a rule making it illegal for a submitee to vote for his/herself...in all fairness of course

again i dont know how it works....im not sure because ive never actually tried voting for myself in the competitions...just a thought
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless another hack was installed, i don't believe there would be a way anyone could be sure if someone was voting for themselves. I guess people are just trusted to vote as honest as they can.

Generally though, most people tend to vote for other people which is more obvious when you see some of the winners.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

interesting...
there was a hack on ozzu once?
your right i guess one with morals would vote for what is actually sought to be the best of the bunch
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

psuedofy wrote:
interesting...
there was a hack on ozzu once?
your right i guess one with morals would vote for what is actually sought to be the best of the bunch

I am pretty certain there are many hacks on Ozzu right now. As far as i am aware, none that can display who votes for who in a poll though.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

what does sb mean
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

psuedofy, the code for this forum is from an open source software development community. We refer to alterations in the code to change appearance or functionality as hacks, or more accurately MODs i.e. MODification.

What sb is saying is that to do what you suggest it would take a custom "hack" of the poll code to filter out participants from voting for themselves. It's doable, but not likely. It's all for fun and practice of skills anyway which I believe most of the particpants understand.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
im just suggesting...it would be nice to enforce a rule making it illegal for a submitee to vote for his/herself...in all fairness of course

It's only one vote, I don't think there's anything wrong with having the confidence in yourself to vote for yourself.

Besides, I'm sure people got a good laugh out of me being the only one that voted for my entry on one of the last competitions I entered.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm how very interesting the computer world is....

joebert you are a class clown

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts